Monday, March 23, 2015

Monster Cookie Protein Balls

Happy Monday!! I hope you all had a beautiful weekend!

Mason had his first soccer game of the season this weekend. He did such a great job! I couldn't believe that the little ones play for a whole hour. He was wiped out when they finished. He had a lot of fun though! We even went to "Chick a Leg" (Chic-Fil-A) after to celebrate. I can't believe how big and smart this Little is getting. He also has a memory like a steel trap, so don't screw up around him, or he'll remind you about it for the next 6 months.
He was so excited to wear his soccer shirt.
He's the one in front, getting ready to kick the ball into play. 

Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey
Today I am thankful for Spring. I am thankful for the new life and joy this season brings. I am thankful for our tiny veggie sprouts that have started to pop up. I am thankful for the chance to be active with my family.
I am thankful that we spent most of our weekend outside. It was so, so beautiful, 70 degrees and sunny. We grilled every chance we had and it made me suuuuppppper excited for Summer. Grilled Summer veggies are my favorite!

We are getting into nicer weather, which means more time spent outside and active! I made these a few weeks ago and I have gotten a few requests for the recipe, so I thought I would share it with y'all. These are so tasty and so easy to grab before or after a workout and they seriously taste like a monster cookie. You could even grab a few for a quick breakfast on the go. 
                                   
Monster Cookie Protein Balls:
1 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup of organic honey
pinch of salt
2 scoops of vanilla protein powder{I use ItWorks Vanilla ProFit}
2 cups of oats{I used old fashioned oats because I like the texture in mine, but they might get a little softer if you use quick oats}
1/3 cup of mini m&m's

Mix the honey, peanut butter, and pinch of salt together. I used my stand mixer, but you can do it by hand. It would be a great workout and a reason to eat one of these bad boys immediately!
Add in the protein powder. Once protein powder is mixed into the peanut butter mixture, add in all of your oats. It should from a pretty stiff ball. Hand mix in your m&m's so they don't break. 
Shape into 1 inch balls. Refrigerate and enjoy, or eat immediately as fast as possible because these are so good :) 

All My Love, 
Meg



3 comments:

  1. He is so stinkin' precious with his little soccer jersey! I'm a pretty big fan of Chick a Leg myself! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww go Mason! And these monsters are WAY healthier than the ones my mom used to make (see: 2 sticks of butter, 2 cups of sugar hahaa). I am DEF making these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chick a Leg, hahaha! So cute. I played soccer growing up, my dad usually the coach, and those are some pretty nice childhood memories :) Praise for sunshine and warmth!!

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!