Monday, March 2, 2015

Grateful Heart Monday

I cannot say enough about the Grateful Heart link up with the absolutely lovely Emily at Ember Grey.

Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey


If you need some sunshine in your life during this long last bit of Winter, read anything she posts.


I love the quiet of an early morning. I am battling a terrible cold and haven't slept well for the last few days and my house is currently an epic disaster from our cabinet remodel{which looks B-E-A-UTIFUL by the way. I have an awesomely talented husband and dad!}, but I am so grateful for the moments before my Littles wake up. Moments spent in prayer and reflection. I am so grateful for the quiet of my coffee and the tip tap of my keyboard as I type this post. I mean I am absolutely blessed beyond words and I love having these little quiet moments to thank God and reflect on how truly lucky I am. I mean look at these faces!



So this is a photo of part of my kitchen on Friday evening. There was stuff everywhere!



Our piano is currently a resting place for our mug tree, Kitchen Aid, all of my ItWorks products and our record player is housing the toaster.



Saturday morning my mom dropped my dad off at our house and picked up both Littles so we could really get to the messy part of priming and painting the cabinets.
I can't wait to share the results with you!!


Saturday evening I went back to my Parents house to avoid inhaling excess paint fumes from the high gloss, high fume cabinet paint. As we painted on Saturday, it snowed. And snowed. And snowed some more. We made it home to my Parents Saturday evening despite the terrible road conditions and I got to snuggle my Littles before bed, even if they insisted I couldn't read their bedtime story or tuck them in because they were at Grandma's house after all. We woke up to this scene and it made me miss living outside of the city just a little bit.




We did not make it to Church Sunday morning since their roads were still completely snow covered, so my mom made us all pancakes and we waited for the roads to clear so Matt could come pick us up since he stayed home to finish sanding/painting. He brought the kids sleds and snow boots, so we had a chance to go sledding! My parents have an awesome sledding hill. 


I cannot believe how brave Mason and Ellie were! They both had no fear sledding by themselves all the way down the hill. They even walked back up it by themselves!

We even got to build a snowman. Ellie named him Olaf

How did you spend your weekend??

All My Love,
Meg















2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful weekend full of love!! I cannot wait to see the end result :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady, you always make me smile :) Thank you for those sweet words! I hope to see more of your fabulous kitchen! Your kids are just the absolute CUTEST, my word. Soon to be 3 cute faces to love!!! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!