Thursday, March 12, 2015

Busy life and a prayer journal.

We have had the craziest week.


Mason woke up Tuesday morning at 5 and threw up all over his bedroom floor. I don't do vomit very well, so God bless Matt, who is the best dad and husband, he cleaned up Mason and the floor while I moved Ellie into our room. We made pallets in our room and tried to lay both kids back down, but Ellie wasn't having any of it, so she and I went downstairs and let the boys go back to sleep. Mason woke up at 7:30 and we didn't have any more puking, but he did have other tummy trouble the rest of the day, so I spent my day cleaning both bathrooms repeatedly, sanitizing every item in my house and washing every sheet, blanket, stuffed animal and rug. So far no one else has been hit with it, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an isolated incident.

Yesterday he was feeling much better, so we let him go to his first soccer practice. 
There is nothing cuter than a bunch of preschoolers learning how to play soccer. 
Mason did so good!! Matt and I were a little nervous because Mason is the youngest on his team since he won't be 4 until the end of April, but he was the tallest one on his team and he participated and listened to his coaches so well!

I really have to buckle down and meal prep for Wednesday's since his soccer practice is at 5:30. We got home last night at 6:30 and I didn't have anything ready for dinner, so we didn't eat until 7:15. The Littles were not impressed.

We are on serious baby countdown and our calender is alarmingly full right up to my c-section date. Matt's dad broke his wrist, so Matt will be helping on Saturdays at the meat shop and some evenings after work since grilling season is kicking off. My Deacon responsibilities have started also, so we will be busy little beavers right up until our newest Little's birthday.


I am currently working on a naptime craft for the playroom, and I can't wait to show you all! We desperately need to repaint, but that will have to wait for a while. We made the mistake of using a satin finish in the playroom. With small children, we definitely need a high gloss so I can wipe off the peanut butter, marker and dirt without wiping off our paint.


Thanks to my beautiful friend Emily, at Ember Grey, I was inspired to start a prayer journal. I always find myself hollering quick prayers at God throughout the craziness of my day and Emily posted about her prayer journal, which I thought would be a great way to focus and center my thoughts instead of yelling them up to the Heavens in my head while I make grilled cheese sandwiches.


How can I pray for you today?


All My Love,
Meg

2 comments:

  1. You are a busy busy lady! I'm glad that Mason is feeling better - that stuff is never fun. I love the idea of a prayer journal! I'm always using mine for the youth kids but I need to use it for everybody! I'll be praying for you as you go through each day. Please pray for Hunter as he is trying to make some life decisions for our family's future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh countdown is on! Praying for you guys! (and Kelly too!). I love the prayer journal, I kept one all through high school and was super diligent about it, I crossed everything off as it was answered and it is SO crazy to look back. Also crazy to look at what was SO important to this 14 year old... haha!

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!