Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Skinny Orange Julius

I saw somewhere that technically Spring is only 23 days away. I don't think I could be more excited. I can't wait for warm Spring days at the park and long evening walks! It is the only thing giving me hope as we face more ice and snow tomorrow. 

So I am almost 30 weeks pregnant{whaaat?! How is that real?!} and I have to say that this pregnancy has been so much different than my previous two. I feel so good! I have to attribute a lot of feeling great to living a healthier lifestyle, but a lot of it is the lack of stress with this pregnancy.
With only 9 1/2 weeks left, we are starting to really get things together for this little Miss. I forgot how tiny and precious newborn babies are! It's so fun to imagine who she'll be. Mason and Eleanor have such strong personalities and I can't wait to see if she'll be more laid back, or just as strong willed as her siblings. 

For being almost 30 weeks pregnant, I haven't had very many cravings, but the last few days I have NEEDED cuties in my life. I have eaten an entire bag of cuties in 2 days and I'm not sorry. 
This morning I was looking for a different way to get my cutie fix, so I tossed them into my ninja with some vanilla greek yogurt and a splash of milk and a handful of ice, and then it dawned on me that I had made a skinny Orange Julius! 

Skinny Orange Julius:
4-6 cuties Ninja'd and strained(or a cup of orange juice y'all) 
1/4 cup vanilla greek yogurt
1/4 cup almond, coconut or skim milk
A good handful of ice

Peel your cuties, put them in your Ninja, or blender, pulse until juiced and strain off pulp. 
Or just use 1 cup of orange juice, whatever you'd prefer! 
Add yogurt and milk and blend until frothy and then add ice, blending until smooth. 

I will probably make another one of these babies this evening as a snack after our communion service at Church...and I buy stock in cuties... 

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!
All My Love,
Meg

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe your third little munchkin will be here soon!!! That orange snack sounds pretty darn good. I'm not a huge orange person but hey, I've gotta try this lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it either!! We are two months away!!

      This thing tastes like the orange push pop ice cream of my childhood and it is so good! I almost wonder about freezing it into Popsicle molds...

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!