Monday, February 23, 2015

A Grateful Heart and Meatballs.

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend! I know we sure did!



Today I am linking up with my sweet friend Emily at Ember Grey for Grateful Heart Monday.
Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey


On this Monday morning I am grateful for bloggy friends who continue to read my jumbled mess of a blog. I am grateful for my busy life that constantly keeps me on my toes and I am so grateful to be able to choose playing Library with my daughter and Outer Space with my son. I am grateful for this messy life and all of you who continue to be a part of our mess!





Friday evening Matt's mom took the Littles to spend the night{Thanks mom!!} while Matt and I went to a retirement dinner for one of Matt's coworkers. It always feels so weird to attend adult functions and not worry about packing a bag full of distractions for the kids. Dinner was delicious and we had such a nice evening together with other adults.




Saturday we had our Acts and Snacks at our church which is a fun evening full of such talented people! I was so impressed with our performers this year. We have an extremely talented youth group and congregation. It was so fun to see the kids perform their musical pieces! Matt and I performed Landslide by Fleetwood Mac. It probably sounds biased, but Matt is super talented at guitar. We love being able to share our music at church.
Sunday morning we got a call that the special music for the 8:30 service called in sick, so Matt and I were asked to perform again for Worship. We were happy to do so, but it felt a little weird singing Landslide between the Old and New Testament readings. It gives us some incentive to brush up on our Worship songs!



I spent most of yesterday afternoon and evening trying to clean my house, which is futile with toddlers, cats and a husband, especially when it is so cold outside and all of the streets and sidewalks are covered in salt and slush. Hardwood floors + Winter = messy.



Since it was so bitterly cold again yesterday, I was in the mood for some comfort food.
I found this recipe for Salisbury Steak Meatballs from Damn Delicious. You should make them immediately. They were like meatloaf meatballs in a fabulous beef stock and onion gravy. Comfort food at its finest folks! Plus, meatballs are so fun to make!.

Seriously, it was like a warm hug.
We ate them with mashed potatoes and peas to round out the comfort meal theme. They would also be fabulous over egg noodles.

I hope you all have a beautiful Monday!!
All My Love,
Meg



4 comments:

  1. grateful for your blog that puts me in such a good mood!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on what Lindsay said - I love your blog and keeping up with your wild life :)

    That meatball dish sounds yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that dinner looks so good. I love a good home cooked meal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool you guys sang for the worship! And I'm SO glad you keep blogging, Meg! I always miss you when you're gone! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!