Thursday, January 8, 2015

Zucchini Noodles and post Holiday gym madness.




Y'all, it is cold here. Like frigid, awful cold. It was 3 degrees this morning with a wind chill of -11. No thank you Mother Nature. All I have wanted to do for the last few horridly cold days is snuggle in a blanket and eat every carb I can find. Luckily Mason's school started Monday so we are back to our regularly scheduled programs around here which makes it way harder to be super lazy.

Last weekend while bridesmaids dress shopping with my mom and soon to be sister-in-law, we popped into the kitchen store and I found a veggie spiral slicer on sale. I have always wanted to make veggie noodles! I know I could have used my mandolin slicer to make them, but these are way more fun and I figure, I spent the money on my new gadget, now I have to use it!

It has a side for bigger veggies like zucchini and cucumbers and a side for carrots. I made up some zucchini noodles Tuesday night. Matt said he preferred the zucchini to regular pasta, which blows my mind because he is really weird about textures, but he really liked these. Win! This is what they looked like before I tossed them into a hot skillet. Next time I will let them sit in the fridge for an hour beforehand to let them dry out a little.


Today after I dropped Mason off at school I headed to the gym. Ellie LOVES the gym. She is more motivation than anything else because she asks me to go all the time. They have a fun nursery and she gets to play with a huge supply of baby dolls, color with markers and watch Daniel Tiger. She's in toddler Heaven.
There were so many people at the gym today that I had to squeeze onto the last treadmill available way back in the corner of the room. I could definitely see a huge difference in attendance today.
This was 100% accurate today. 
I planned on an elliptical workout, but there were way too many people. I ran a mile and then walked for half an hour. I know that there are tons of people who work out all through their pregnancies, but it is not easy! I miss running. I feel like this baby is going to just fall out! Maybe I should look into some support bands?

I have had a major snacking issue lately. I constantly need to be munching on something. Pomegranate seeds and these Bloody Mary bites have been a life saver because I can eat a ton and not feel super guilty about it! I am running out of snacking ideas that won't inflate my calorie intake though.

What are your low calorie snacking secrets?

All My Love,
Meg





2 comments:

  1. First - I love all type of veggie noodles. Zucchini and Carrot half the be my favorite. I did sweet potato recently and that was pretty decent too.

    Second - Snacking is hard, especially with the hand to mouth problem most of us have. But, I find that a cheese stick and apple is a good snack. Veggies and hummus - - - Yogurt and a 1/4 cup of cereal. Smoothies! Oh man, my favorite go to thing when I was pregnant was fruit smoothies!
    My personal favorite: Pineapple, Banana, Orange, Peach.
    After I had my son, he was a few years old - maybe 3 - and he wanted a smoothie, and I asked him what he wanted. I told him he could use any fruit he wanted. And he named my pregnant favorite smoothie blend. I couldn't BELIEF it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little snacks look good! I really need to consider trying that. I also need a little mini-me to push me into working out... I swear I have no desire to do it lol! Happy Friday sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!