Friday, January 9, 2015

Peanut Butter Mini Muffins

This morning at the gym as I am starting my second mile on the treadmill, a man probably in his 50's, talking loudly on his phone saunters up to the treadmill next to me. As he throws his towel over the handrail and starts his workout, he continues to basically scream at the person on the other end about how he gets free rooms at the Monte Carlo and how crazy his Vegas trip is going to be next weekend. I don't care sir. All I can think about is finishing my workout and making a stop by the grocery store for yogurt and tomato soup before my children explode from too many activities. If I can hear your conversation over my blaring Fleetwood Mac in my headphones, you are too loud. I finished that mile and moved to an elliptical. When I left he was yelling at one of the personal trainers. I tried not to judge, but it was really tough.  

So, last night I was dying for a baked good and peanut butter. Neither of which are particularly waist line friendly.
As I searched around for a healthier recipe that was perfect for my craving, I just couldn't find any that I really had to make, so I made up my own version based on the recipes I read and what I had on hand.
I present to you Peanut Butter Mini Muffins:
Peanut Butter Mini Muffins:
3/4 Cup of PB2
1/3 Cup of white whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

4 egg whites
1 whole egg
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup skim milk, or milk of choice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

In a bowl, mix first 5 ingredients.
Beat egg whites and whole egg together until blended, add applesauce, milk and extract.
Add in bowl of dry ingredients and mix well.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes{if you're making mini muffins. If you're using a regular tin, this will make 10 muffins: bake for 25-35 minutes}

These are really good cooled completely and enjoyed with coffee.
Or covered in peanut butter..
or with a splash of chocolate chips..
Basically, these are just good.

All My Love,
Meg

5 comments:

  1. These look so good - pinning for later! That man needs a little bit of a come to Jesus meeting it sounds like.... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I can't believe that guy! How obnoxious. BUT- good for you for getting your mile in! I know I've said this before, but you really do inspire me to get back on the workout wagon every time I've fallen off. (I've been in our new home for over a week now and haven't exercised once. ugh!) In other news, these muffins look incredibly delicious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you'd have punched him in the neck.

    You're such a kitchen genius. You're like Martha Stewart sans criminal record.

    Dane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I cannot with people like that man! Like I promise you are not that important!

    And those muffins. O....Mmmm>....GGG

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!