Thursday, January 1, 2015

Loaded Cauliflower Casserole


Hello 2015!! I am so looking forward to what you have in store for us this year! 

I hope you all had a fabulous New Year's Eve! We spent ours gloriously in our pajamas watching movies and napping until 12 when we promptly kissed goodnight and retreated to bed. We are 75 years old. 
I did however make an AMAZING loaded cauliflower casserole for supper to accompany our bacon wrapped fillets and sparkling grape juice{we are super fancy 'round here.} It was delicious and I will not miss loaded potatoes anymore for sure with this better for you swap!!
Even Ellie asked for seconds. 

Loaded cauliflower casserole:


I large head of cauliflower
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup of 2% shredded cheese, divided
3 tablespoons of real bacon bits or 3 slices of bacon, chopped
2 green onions, sliced

Steam your cauliflower and toss in a food processor(or mash with a potato masher) and pulse a few times until you reach your desired consistency. I like mine pretty smooth and "mashed potato-y"
Mix in your cottage cheese, half of your shredded cheese and a tbsp of bacon bits. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread mixture into a baking dish and top with remaining cheese and bacon bits. Bake 30 minutes at 350.
Top with green onions and scarf down the whole pan :) 

All My Love,
Meg

4 comments:

  1. Looks so good!! I will have to try this (minus the bacon for me) ;) Thanks for sharing, Meg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a serious love affair with cauliflower.
      This would be good even without the bacon!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We ate the entire pan! This is on the menu for next week again for sure!

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!