Monday, January 5, 2015

Easiest Buffalo Chicken Wraps

So the Holidays are officially over, and we are back to routine this week. I can't say that I am too sad about it. Both kiddos are going a little stir crazy with this extra time at home, and honestly, so am I. If I have to watch High School Musical one more time, I might lose my mind. I am ready to get back into a gym routine too. I ate wayyyyy to many cookies and not enough vegetables this Christmas season.


Now that we are into January, the panic of baby #3 is setting in. We will be rooming Mason and Ellie together until Little #3 is big enough to have a similar sleep schedule as Ellie and the Little ladies can share a room. Luckily most of their toys are downstairs in the playroom already, but Mason will be super put out that his train tracks will have to be contained a little more while they are room sharing.

Did I ever mention my FABULOUS Christmas gift?? Matt broke our stockings only rule this year and bought me a stand mixer. To be fair though, he did put my stocking over the mixer, so technically there was a stocking involved. She is beautiful and I am already obsessed. MIX ALL THE THINGS!
As I scoured Pinterest for amazing stand mixer ideas, I found the idea of shredding chicken in your mixer. Genius! So, I boiled up some chicken and tossed it into the mixer for a few minutes and voila! perfectly shredded chicken AND clean hands.

There are so many healthy recipes to make with shredded chicken, but I was dying for buffalo chicken, so I tossed some of my freshly shredded chicken with some Franks Red Hot, and enjoyed it on a flaxseed wrap with ranch seasoned low fat cottage cheese, and iceburg lettuce. It was delicious, and super easy.

In fact I might eat one for breakfast..

All My Love,
Meg


7 comments:

  1. Droolingggg this looks amazing! I never knew I needed a standup mixer but now I'm convinced! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of the easiest and most delicious lunches of my life!
      I have wanted a stand mixer for the last 7 years, so I was so excited!
      I hope you had an AMAZING New Year love!!

      Delete
  2. I am swooning over this mixer!! Your husband is such a sweetheart :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pink and beautiful! He scored major points for sure!!

      Delete
  3. Look at your KITCHENAIDE! DROOLS! JEALOUS! I really want one... like super bad.

    And the buffalo chicken looks SO GOOD!!!!!

    Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year doll!!!

      I have been dying for one for years, so I was so excited!!!!!

      Delete
  4. I have the same mixer! :) I loved the color because my kitchen theme is somewhat of a parisian/french style and I thought the light pink was perfect. This recipe looks so good- I will have to make a vegetarian wrap!

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!