Monday, December 29, 2014

Goals for the New Year

Can we just talk about the fact that Christmas has come and gone?? What happened? It was Halloween yesterday..
My Littles really got into the Christmas spirit this year. Mason has told me repeatedly that he is sad Christmas is over, and trying to explain the idea of keeping our Christmas hope alive throughout the year confuses him, so I have just stuck to agreeing that yes, it is really sad.
We had an absolutely packed Christmas season. With our growing family, there are A LOT of people to see and accommodate, but it was a fun and faithful Christmas!


Now that we are approaching the New Year, I have been reflecting on this past year and I have to say that 2014 was pretty amazing. From changing my lifestyle, to my first Half Marathon, there were so many new and amazing experiences. I am really looking forward to 2015. I have recommitted to my healthy eating(look for new recipes coming soon!), I will be ordained as a Deacon in January and our family of 4 will grow to a family of five. There will be so many new experiences and challenges and I am so excited to see how this next year unfolds!


I am really horrible about keeping "resolutions", but I do have goals for this year.
1. Eat more mindfully.
2. Pray more mindfully.
3. Parent more mindfully.
4. Be a more mindful wife.


This year my goal is to be present in all things I do. As the years pass, time seems to move faster and faster and I don't want to be so busy just getting through that I miss all of the little moments.


I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!



6 comments:

  1. Ahh Congrats Ms. Deacon! And sososooso excited for your growing family- can't wait for everything to come! Happy 2015 and I love your positive goals. I'm similar - no resolutions but definitely goals. Missed you lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed you!!!!! I stalk you on the regular, but I'm glad to be "home"!!

      Delete
  2. Congrats to being ordained as a Deacon! You have quite the busy, but entirely blessed, year ahead of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, life is about to get crazy, but I am so excited for all of the opportunities!!

      Delete
  3. haha- so funny about having to agree with Mason that it's sad. (I mean, it IS!) ;) Can't wait for your new recipes, lady! I love your goals... each year, Christian and I each choose a word - his word for 2015 is "Mindfulness" :) (I'm still deciding on mine.) Wishing you and your family a fun NYE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! It really is!

      I love that idea!! Resolutions are so temporary feeling, choosing one word to focus on makes it so much more attainable!
      I hope you have a BEAUTIFUL NYE!!

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!