Tuesday, December 30, 2014

150 Calorie Banana Pancakes

Matthew and I entered our relationship with me bringing in a DVD player that I have had for 12 years now, and him a VCR that I am pretty sure he had his whole life. We don't have cable, so our kids watch{a lot of}movies and they had mastered the art of working both systems. Well their tiny worlds were flipped upside down when we received a Blu Ray player for Christmas this year, which replaced both of our old systems. I set it up after they had gone to bed for the night and the next morning when Mason got up and snuck downstairs to watch a movie, he couldn't figure out where everything had gone and how to work the new contraption. After explaining multiple times now what it is and how to use it, he still keeps stealing the old DVD remote from our bedroom and bringing it downstairs to try to use with the Blu Ray player. It makes me laugh every time.

On a completely separate note, I have discovered the Holy Grail of breakfast foods. I mean seriously.
I finally made banana pancakes this morning after seeing the idea on Pinterest months ago. I am kicking myself for waiting so long to try this healthy and DELICIOUS breakfast treat. If I had a list of life regrets, not making these sooner would be number 1. Plus, these are easy. I mean, I whipped these up while my toddlers each held onto a leg and screamed how hungry they were, that easy.  

My dearest friends, stop whatever you are doing and IMMEDIATELY make these pancakes. 
Only one pancake is shown because I couldn't wait to finish cooking the second one. Whoops.

150 Calorie Banana Pancakes:

1 banana
2 egg whites
toppings of choice

Mash your banana, mix in two egg whites. Heat a nonstick pan sprayed with nonstick spray of your choice(I used coconut oil spray). Pour half of your "batter" into the heated pan. When edges look light and fluffy, flip carefully with a spatula, cook for another minute. Take out of pan, cover with toppings of choice, I picked a handful of blueberries and a tiny bit of sugar free syrup, and proceed to stuffing your face with these delicious pancakes.

All My Love,
Meg

4 comments:

  1. My mouth is literally watering over this! I just pinned it and plan on cooking this sucker this weekend. I laughed at Mason's persistence in getting that darn Blu Ray to work with the darn DVD remote lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made these again this morning and they were so good!

      Delete
  2. These are so easy!! Yay! Hahah dang all the remotes- always so annoying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did I not know about these??! They are sooo goood!

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!