Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Exciting Announcement!

My friends, it has been a long time since I have blogged. I don't have a real reason to give you for my absence, but it has been glorious, I'm not going to lie. I have stepped back a lot from my "obligations" online. Between this little bloggy and social media, I was spending too much time glued to my computer and not enough time playing trains and tea party with my Littles. I will still be here, just more along the lines of once a week blogging, especially with our very exciting announcement..
Baby W#3 will be here in early May!! My official due date is May 8th, but since this baby will be my third c-section, Little will be here a week or so before. We are terrified and ecstatic and nervous and joyful. Mason and Ellie both think this bundle will be a "boy baby". In fact Mason is adamant that Little #3 is a boy and if Little is in fact not a boy, he will be a very heartbroken kid. We will see next month!  

Matt and I have become very active in our Church and a few weeks ago I was nominated for a Deacon seat. I was so, so honored. I am very excited to serve in stewardship with First Presbyterian Church. I have also accepted a seat on the Strategic Planning Committee and we have our first meeting tonight.

It has been such a blessing being back in my hometown. I have been given opportunities that I would not have otherwise received. Back in August I ran into my favorite teacher in all my years of school. Mrs. Stuckenschneider was my music teacher from 2nd to 8th grade and she was, and is, my favorite lady. She let me be who I was without judgement, even in all of my awkward 7th grade glory and she embraced my entire 8th grade class love for classic rock in our choice of Styx Come Sail Away as our farewell song during graduation. In fact when I saw her she said, "well there's my classic rock queen," and I don't think I have ever been so excited to see someone in my entire life. I asked her how her school year was going so far and she expressed concern for not having enough adult helpers in organizing the yearly Fall Concert since a few of the kiddos with available parents had graduated the last year, I felt God right there in the Aldi parking lot and I immediately offered my assistance. The last few weeks I have been helping with a couple of 3rd and 4th grade acts and our big performance is this evening! I loved participating in the Fall Concerts and it's so awesome to still be a part of something I loved so much. The kiddos have been really great also!

My ItWorks team has grown and continues to grow and I am so thankful to be a part of a company that WANTS you to succeed. ItWorks has extended the $10,000 Diamond bonus to ALL distributors and we are all ready to run with this opportunity. ItWorks is paying for Christmas this year. Thanks be to God!

Speaking of Christmas, Santa has already been hard at work this year. He has to get going now because we are BOOKED through the first of the year already.. That makes me need a nap just typing it. We have 8 separate Christmas's to attend. That's insane. I am thinking next year, we will have to squash that craziness and limit things.
We implemented the Rule of 4 last year and it was the best decision we have ever made. The Littles each get 4 gifts, 1 thing they want, 1 thing they need, 1 thing to wear, 1 thing to read. Christmas isn't about the amount of gifts you receive and things were getting out of control. We want Christmas to be about service and love to others. This year we will have an elf on the shelf, but instead of crazy antics, he will be a kindness elf with ideas for stewardship and praise.

I am pretty sure I have rambled enough. If you made it this far, you are a brave soul and I love you for reading this all the way through.

All My Love,
Meg

6 comments:

  1. Early MAY? WOWEEE!!! And good for you stepping back away from the keyboard - wish I could. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just squeeallllledddd!!!! I'm so excited for you Meg!!! Gah I cannot wait to watch you through this pregnancy journey and hear all about it. God has been doing some wonderful things in ya'lls lives. An offer to be a deacon?! That's so awesome! Love hearing all the beautiful things going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yayayayayay congrats and SO glad you're back!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg!!!!!!!! (Catching up on my blog reading today, can you tell?!) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! :) So exciting!! That picture of your announcement is so, so cute. I hope you continue to enjoy your days, on and away from the computer :)

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!