Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Grateful Heart Tuesday- My Favorite Book

Grateful Heart Linkup w/ Ember Grey

I missed Grateful Heart Monday, but I'm carrying the gratitude over into Tuesday. Thanks Emily @ Ember Grey Blog, for keeping my heart so full and appreciative :)

Today, I am grateful for long weekends and good books. 
I love to read. I will literally read anything, except Nicholas Sparks. Sorry world, I just can't. 
I become completely absorbed{like, ignore the entire world around me} in whatever book I am reading. 
Poor Matt will ask me the same question 8 times before I even register that he's speaking. I don't have a lot of extra time to read, so the little time I do get, I cherish. 

My favorite book that I have ever read is The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.

I first read this book at 14 years old and it is the first book I read that absolutely touched my soul. 

When I heard that my beloved book was being turned into a movie I cringed. Movies rarely do justice to the books they are supposed to be bringing to life.  
If you have seen this movie{which wasn't actually too terrible, even if Emma Watson kind of disappointed me}, please read the book anyway. And if you haven't seen the movie, read the book anyway. Wherever you are, stop everything and read this book. 

I am so grateful for my love of reading, and the time{as short and far between as it may be} that I have to read. 

What is your favorite book?

All My Love,
Meg

11 comments:

  1. I have been NOT watching the movie - because I knew it was a book, and wanted to read it first... It's my process - I don't want the movie to ruin a good book for me.

    Not going to lie - I read ONE Nicholas Sparks book.. and I cried and cried and cried - never again, NEVER AGAIN.

    I need to spend more time reading.

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lately I have been choosing reading in the morning instead of working out.. shameful!! I blame the weather. It has been raining and gross and the perfect book weather!

      Delete
  2. I am actually surprised that you are not a Nicholas Sparks fan!! Do tell! (I've never read any of his books but have lots of friends who love him.) I've yet to see the movie which makes me even more excited to read the book. How many times have you read it so far?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, all of his stories seem to be exactly the same and so, darn, sad. I love a story that tugs on my heart, but must everyone die all the time?! One of my favorite authors is Charlaine Harris. She wrote the Sookie Stackhouse series{the books True Blood is based on} and the Aurora Teagarden series. She's definitely my speed.
      Also, I am pretty sure I have read this book at least 15 times. I never get tired of it!

      Delete
    2. Hahahah Meg I am SO with you. I just can't with Nicholas Sparks. At all. I liked the first one I read, then the 2nd one was...the same?

      Delete
  3. I've only read this book partially and had to give it back to its owner (sadly). I need to pick it back up because the small bit that I read, I enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book in 2003 when I was staying in the top floor of the hospital at Ft. Jackson, SC after breaking my leg. I loved it. It was a damn good book!

    My favorite book is The Great Gatsby. All day long. Anyone who hates that book either has no soul or something equally as bad.

    However, I've been reading a lot of Sherman Alexie books in the last few years, and they are just fantastic. Check him out if you can.

    Also- I'm glad you're back to blogging. I felt like a stalker when I would check your blog almost everyday for a month and there was no new update. My heart died a little more every day. Haha.

    I miss you guys.

    Dane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dane, we miss you!!!
      I do love Gatsby.
      I will be checking out Sherman Alexie!! I love books.

      Delete
  5. I have been working through Amazon's list of 100 Books to Read in A Lifetime: http://www.amazon.com/b?node=8192263011

    My favorite that I've read recently is 12 Tribes of Hattie! I just LOVED it!!

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!