Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Easy Baked Chicken and Onions + Wednesday Wishes

So, I finally caved and signed up for Ipsy! I am pumped to receive my first glam bag! I can't wait to share my goodies with you all. 

The weather this week has been exceptionally Fall-y. It has been raining everyday. I bought Pumpkin Spice creamer at Aldi yesterday and all of the ingredients for making chili this weekend.
I am trying so, so hard to hold off until after Ellie's Birthday party, next weekend, to put up Fall decor, but it is taking every ounce of willpower I have to wait.

Last night, I made the BEST and easiest chicken recipe. I am a horrible blogger and forgot to take pictures, but I am giving you the recipe anyway.

Easy Baked Chicken and Onions:
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 medium yellow onions
your favorite seasoning - I used Cavenders Greek Seasoning{It was fantastic}

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9X13 pan with nonstick spray. Cut chicken breast into bite size pieces. Cut onion into bite size pieces. Toss onion and chicken together in pan, spray with nonstick spray and sprinkle with your favorite seasoning. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the chicken is golden and the onions are soft. We ate this with pita pieces and a dollop of light sour cream. It was fantastic and I will be making this again soon. Next time I might use taco seasoning.

Ellie will be two years old in 8 days. This makes me so happy and so nauseous. Where did that two years go?? She has become such a fun, silly, spirited, headstrong and brave little girl. I am awfully proud of both of my Littles. 

Love the Here and Now
Today, thanks to the lovely Anne @ Love the Here and Now, my wish is that my Ellie knows just how much she is cherished as she continues to grow and amaze me each and every day. My wish is that Mason grows up to be a gentleman and he knows how much I love him. My wish is that my Littles know the depth of my love for them and that I don't royally screw up somewhere along the winding and confusing parenting road.

What do you wish for?

All My Love,
Meg



11 comments:

  1. what a sweet wish to your little girl! My youngest will be two in Jan, and I cannot believe how quickly she's growing. Thanks so much for the receipe too (glad to know I'm not the only one that can't remember to take pics!) I'll definitely be trying this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I am the worst at remembering to take pictures! I am working on that, haha!

      Delete
  2. tears reading your wishes <3

    So jealous of your fall weather- we are highs in the 90s with 100000% humidity womp womp. I am ready for fall though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XOXO

      It's not very Fallish today. I took the girls on a walk this morning and I was sweating buckets. The humidity is killer today!
      Also I may have caved an put up a few Halloween items.. I just can't help it!

      Delete
  3. I love those wishes.....I often hope that my kids have forgiveness and understanding and that one day they will look back and see that the boundaries I set for them were for their protection and because I loved them so very much. Parenting is so hard and there is no rule book given to you after birth. We all fumble along, cross our fingers, love them fiercely, and hope for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does't feel like fall here yet- we're still having really hot days, but I would totally be decorating for fall if the weather was acting like it! Your babes are so sweet and so lucky to have you as their mom! They will be able to look back on their childhood and know they were so loved. (I know I do, still to this day!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't feel like Fall today, it is 90 degrees already at 10AM. Saturday it is supposed to be raining and 75 degrees. I have chili planned for that day, haha!
      Thanks girly!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great dinner I may have to try and make that sometime I am all about simple and easy dinners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband said "no offense, but this is really good for how little there is to it." Next time I will try squeezing some lemon onto the chicken and onions, or maybe use taco seasoning and red onion. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!