Thursday, September 4, 2014

Beginning our Shower Remodel.


Trying to clean and organize a house with 3 toddlers is a funny joke. I have picked up the TV room 3 times today and there is already a pile of toys forming. And I don't even want to think about the bar in the kitchen which is a catchall for our entire lives. No matter how many times I put the clutter away, it's back within the day.

Speaking of messes, tonight we begin demo on our shower... I am absolutely freaking out.
Thank you Jesus that my husband, father and great uncle are all super capable men. My dad will be here tonight to start ripping off the old tile and taking out the sopping wet sheet rock underneath and if all goes well we will start rebuilding the walls tomorrow. I will be MIA for the next few days, but when I return I am sure I will have a few stories and definitely some before and after photos!

What are your weekend plans?
Do you have any good remodeling stories?

All My Love,
Meg

5 comments:

  1. Good luck! My brother in law and his wife just redid their entire bathroom, it was a hard, long process, but looks amazing now! Totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emry has his first soccer game on Saturday - so that's our morning.
    In the evening we're going to see his bff (and my flower girl) cheer at her very first football game - so that's our evening.

    Sunday - volunteer work at the renaissance faire - that's ALL day.

    And oh wait - that's my entire weekend.
    UGH! I'll find moments of happiness in it. Even if it is JAM PACKED.

    My dad has been talking about moving the entrance to our attic... because the scuttle entrance is literally IN our hallway closet. Super hard to get in and up - I'm the only one who can maneuver that. But, it hasn't happened - yet. Can't wait to see when it does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek good luck!! I cannot wait to see/hear about the process and final results :)

    Is it bad that I don't have toddlers but I think just Hunter and I alone can make enough of a mess to equal that of 3 toddlers??

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh bless your heart with the remodel. hopefully it goes quickly (with blog updates of course!)

    Aaaaand I'm right there with you on cleaning NON STOP. what is it about little children under the age of five that make such a big mess? and husbands too?

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!