Monday, August 25, 2014

Grateful Heart Monday

Ember Grey

Oh Grateful Heart Monday, I have missed you...
Thank you to the beautiful Emily @ Ember Grey Blog for this fantastic link up. Let's start our week with a grateful and happy heart.

This weekend was full of fun, a dash of shenanigans, and sprinkled with an ER visit. 
My dear friend, and hostess, Liz, dislocated her shoulder getting into the lake on Saturday, but rallied harder than anyone I've ever met. She was back at Girls Weekend within a few hours and came out dancing with us at Franky and Louie's Saturday night! 
I had so much fun! I have never been more grateful for great friends! I have had two weekends worth of my favorite ladies and it was just what my soul needed.

I didn't get a chance to snap many photos, plus what happens at Girls Weekend stays at Girls Weekend, but here are a few that I did manage to capture.
My view on Saturday. It was the perfect weekend to be at the lake!

My friend Sheri and I post dance break and wearing our Girls Weekend shirts. 

A shot from last weekends winery trip.

Mason and Ellie with her Godmother.

I am also grateful for a husband who is such a fun daddy. Matt and the Littles had a fun weekend eating pizza and corndogs, exploring the nature center, going to Church, having breakfast with my Grandparents and visiting Papa Toby at his meat shop. Mason went on and on about his fun weekend with daddy when I got home yesterday. 

My last bit of gratefulness is for Fall's pending arrival. It is my favorite time of year and I am already counting down the minutes until our apple picking trip, decorating the house, pumpkin patches, hayrides and Halloween costume prep. Our neighborhood does Halloween in style. Last year we had almost 400 trick or treaters... This year we know what to expect and it will be even more fun than last year.
Sheri and I did a little shopping on our way home from the lake and I picked up a few more pieces for our Haunted Halloween Home. 
I am ready! Bring it on Autumn! 

How was your weekend?
Are you prepared for all things pumpkin?

All My Love, 
Meg



11 comments:

  1. Yay for a wonderful girls weekend!! I'm seriously swooning over your adorable hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love!!! I am really liking it! I feel like it just keeps getting shorter and shorter.

      Delete
  2. Ahh looks so fun, I love your hair, and bring on fall!!! yayy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love!
      I am seriously pumped for all things pumpkin!

      Delete
  3. Right? I cannot wait for Autumn - I am psyched and Ready! I want to totally decorate our house for halloween - and kick it up higher than last year.

    Bring on the Autumn Activities too! And the foods too (oh heck, especially the foods)

    Grateful Heart over here - thank you for sharing your weekend with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the best time of year! My crockpot won't know what hit it, haha!

      Delete
  4. I have missed you too!!!!! Your girls weekend sounds like an absolute blast and you already know how much I love your hair!! XO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had so much fun! Sometimes I forget how much I need my girls in my life! I'm so glad to be back!

      Delete
  5. Girls weekend sounds so good! Looks like you had so much fun! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! We had a great weekend!
      Thanks again! Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  6. Girls' weekends are the best!!! And kudos to the husbands that make it possible for us to enjoy our time away with no worries. I'm with you on Fall...I love it! Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!