Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thursday reflections.

                       I am really starting to get confused as to what month this is..
                                               
                                                 Feels a little like October to me. 

I don't have a whole lot to say today. I switched back to including *some* carbs into my diet. I was bingeing so hard and I think that was a lot of the problem. I would rather allow myself to have a piece of whole wheat bread in the morning instead of eating a tub of ice cream later. I will still limit my carbs, but yogurt and whole grains are back in for me. My bingeing urges are already gone. I am feeling much more myself. 

I have been reflecting an awful lot lately about the way we treat others. We are an instant gratification society. We want what we want, when we want it. Does that make our relationships suffer? Absolutely. Convenience takes precedence over doing the right thing. Have you ever heard the phrase "it's easier to apologize than ask permission." ? What happens when we forget how to apologize? What happens when we forget how to listen? What happens when we forget how to really hear what a person is saying? When do we stop making excuses and just say "wow, I am really sorry." No more conditional apologies. No more "I'm sorry, BUT..." No more doing whatever we want simply because it's what we want. We need a whole lot more compassion and a whole lot less excuses. 

Kindness is so lost. Let's find it back please?

>
The Grits Blog
All My Love, 
Meg 

6 comments:

  1. I always apologize when I know I'm wrong.
    I even apologize if I know I've hurt someones feelings, even if I wasn't exactly WRONG when I did it.

    We have to be empathetic to others. It's a necessity.

    :)

    It's TWIT Thursday by me.. come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always thinking about how my actions are affecting others and I get so hurt when people don't extend the same courtesy.
      Thanks girl! Love the linkup!

      Delete
  2. Yes, you are so right!! It's so sad that so many people give half-butt apologies, yet expect so much more in return. It's like we try to tell our youth: God gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth. Do the math.

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that!
      I am so tired of hearing excuses for people's behavior. Accountability people!! Hahaha!
      Have a great day sweets!!

      Delete
  3. So true. This is defffffiniteellllyyy something I need to work on- thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an easy thing to forget! I know I do too. Everyone tells us that getting what we want is the most important thing in life but you lose so much if you only think of yourself.

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!