Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Packing with Toddlers

Packing with toddlers should be a reality show. It would make for hilarious television. Give each person a small colorful suitcase and a stack of laundry and then release a toddler into the room. Since my life is not a reality show, it's not nearly as hilarious when Ella pulls each piece of clothing immediately out of her suitcase and throws it on the floor. It probably will be one of my fondest memories when she is grown, but here in the present it is not so adorable. 
We leave for Chicago at 8am Thursday morning!! This is our first family vacation! 
We actually are attending a wedding in Joliet on Saturday, but we are taking a mini vacay in Chicago all day Friday. We're riding the metra into town and relying on CTA, which makes me so nervous I might vomit. I am from Jefferson City, MO. We drive everywhere. I am not skilled in navigating public transportation, much less with two small children. It will be an adventure. 
Today the Littles cousin-friends are coming over to play! C and C will also be at the wedding this weekend, so Mason is doubly excited. 
Today was also my third early morning run in a row and I am challenging myself to run every day for 30 days. I don't know how I got so off track with my running, but I am back in full force now. Running in Missouri in late June is kind of like running in a swimming pool on the sun, so 5-6AM is the best option for me to not drown in my own sweat and the awful humidity. I kind of like the early hours. 

Have you ever traveled with small children? Any tips for us?!?

Do you run early in the morning?

All My Love,
Meg

11 comments:

  1. Man oh man! When I have littles, I'm definitely coming to you for advice on traveling. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My back is killing me, and my stomach is being STUPID.. so no early morning run.. But, you know me, I prefer the 5a twilight run!
    I'm going to try and run this afternoon.. if pain and tummy issues allow.

    Packing with children is a challenge. I can get all of Emry's basics together... and then realize all that I forgot.. he needs his own suitcase for 1 weekend. You know? CRAZY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you feel better sweets!!!

      Yes! Both Littles have their own suitcase and it's INSANE!

      Delete
  3. Please make this into a reality show. Just do it! The one thing I always notice of people from out of town with kids on the metro (DC's subway) is that the parents/kids don't realize they need to HOLD ON to the railings if they're standing up- yesterday a whole family fell on the floor (it was funny but I felt bad). You'll be fine! You can use googlemaps public transit option that shows the best way to get around also!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be quality entertainment!
      That is a GREAT thing to remember! That would absolutely be me! Hahahaha!!!
      I didn't even know google maps had a PT option! You probably just saved my whole family.

      Delete
    2. yeah girl! it's the icon at the top that is a picture of a bus, right next to the car!

      Delete
  4. You will be just fine!!!! :) I will shoot you my number and if you need anything on Friday while you're in the city- don't hesitate to call/text me! Have the best vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Thank you Em!!! I will probably text you anyway to see if we can squeeze in some kind of coffee date!

      Delete
  5. You will be fine!!!! You should hit up Emily and meet for coffee - and take pictures!! LOVE HER!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I have my camera charging as I type this! I am going to try to remember to take a lot of pictures! I have gotten so bad about that!

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!