Friday, June 13, 2014

Greek Style Tomato Salad

The sun is out for the first time in two weeks and I am feeling like a normal human being again! I can't handle so much dreary weather. 

Last night was a fantastic yoga night with Sam. I desperately needed some Namaste in my life. Taking an actual class is the way to go. I had done yoga DVDs before, but they don't hold a candle to an actual class. 

Post yoga I wanted something super light for dinner, so I whipped up this tomato salad to go with some Greek seasoned chicken.
It was absolutely delicious. I am pretty excited to eat the leftovers for lunch.

Greek Style Tomato Salad:
3 large tomatoes, chopped
1 mini cucumber, chopped
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup feta cheese
1/2 lemon, juiced 
1/2 tsp Greek seasoning, I used Cavenders
Salt and pepper to taste

Toss ingredients together and enjoy! 
Next time I will add some green pepper and a handful of Kalamata olives. 

Do you practice yoga? 
What's your favorite thing about yoga?

I hope you all have a FANTASTIC weekend!!

All My Love, 
Meg


6 comments:

  1. Oh hey looks like I'm taking Greek Tomato Salad to my potluck tonight!

    I do yoga via youtube videos but I really want to try a class! It's just soo expensive! I need to keep my eye out for Groupons I guess. Have you done hot yoga?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so delicious that I had vivid dreams about it..

    We are super lucky that we have a fairly affordable studio. They also do a community class on Sundays based on donations, so I've been attending that as well.
    We are trying to get brave enough to try it!! Although, I am a sweaty mess at normal yoga, so I feel like I would look like a comedy scene involving baby oil and yoga mats if I tried it. Slippery mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sun is a very nice sight after a week of rain clouds and dreary weather! Hope it sticks around for my day off tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love greek salad... I love Greek food. mmmmmmmmm
    Anyway, It's been pouring all day over here.. so, you know, I am praying for sun like you wouldn't believe.

    I haven't done yoga, but I really do want to get into it.
    We do a couple positions during the cool down of my tabata class.. and I just love how I feel during them.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, love yoga, but have such a hard time fitting classes into my schedule. I did it several days a week for one summer and definitely noticed a difference in my running posture. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH YES! I've missed feta! It's one of those cheeses I was told to watch out for while pregnant-that and blue cheese or brie. I'm back and ready for all the soft cheeses and sushi! This recipe looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!