Friday, May 23, 2014

Three Day Weekend and Half Marathon nerves

Tomorrow at this time, I will be about 10-12 miles into my very first Half Marathon. I already have giant stampeding elephants butterflies in my tummy. I don't know why I am so worked up about this race. I think a lot of it is because I never thought I could do anything like this. Or maybe it's just the two giant cups of coffee I have had this morning.. Either way, I have already forked over my cash and spent hours training, so there's no turning back now.

Speaking of coffee, I have been adding cinnamon to my coffee grounds and it is the best decision I have made in a long time. I am trying to quit my Splenda addiction and the cinnamon adds something to my coffee without me needing artificial sweetener. Kudos to you black coffee drinkers.

Today is going to be beautiful and we will be outside enjoying every second. I love Summer.

This weekend will be a busy one for sure. Tomorrow is the race{and following the race, a trip to Tropical Liquors}. Tomorrow evening Matt will be at his cousins bachelor party. My parents are keeping the kiddos tomorrow night, so this mama will be making a pan of brownies, lounging on the couch and watching scary movies. Sunday after Church we have a family reunion in Tipton with my Grandpa's family. It will be really nice. My mom's side of the family is pretty small and spread out, so it will be nice to see everyone! Monday we are planning a drive to St. Louis to take the kids to the zoo. PBS kids plays this one Sandals Resort commercial every 7 minutes and every.single.time. Mason asks me to take him to "that beach". Since we can't afford a Sandals vacay right now, the zoo will have to do. Plus they have trains. He will love it.

Tuesday is my Birthday!! I am requesting Sushi and a trip to Goodwill with no children... Sounds pretty wild.

What are your Holiday plans?

All My Love,
Meg

13 comments:

  1. That was my motivation when my first 5k was coming up. I paid the cash, I trained.. I can't NOT do it. Motivation is motivation.

    It's supposed to rain up until Sunday, so I'm hoping for ideal weather when we go down to the Train thing. IF Mason is into trains.. look up a DAY OUT WITH THOMAS. If you haven't gone.. It's an amazing experience. Just saying. It's just about that season!

    Brownies and Scary movies? I'll be right over lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Meg. I think you'll really enjoy all of the cheering fans and kids giving you high fives. Trops sound so good right now, at 10:30 in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grassy!!!! I really am excited!
      Trops sounds good all day every day.

      Delete
  3. You will ROCK that race girl! A pan of brownies and scary movies sounds like a great night - minus the scary movies, I'd opt for comedy lol! Happy early birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweets!!! I can only watch scary movies when Matt is gone because he hates them!

      Delete
  4. OH I have so many wonderful vibes about this post! Excited to hear about your half marathon journey next week! PBS...Sandals! C'mon, people. Hilarious that it hooked your son! SO cute. Have a wonderful weekend, sweet Meg. I'm so proud of you and happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christina!!
      You would think PBS would show more affordable vacation destinations, hahahaha!!!
      I hope you have the best weekend with your Mister before baby make his appearance!!

      Delete
  5. Good Luck - you'll do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy early birthday! I hope you get your sushi and kid-free shopping. My local Goodwill is having a crazy awesome sale for this holiday weekend, so hopefully yours is also so you can score even more awesome stuffs. d^_^b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll!! I am hoping for some sweet bargains!

      Delete
  7. Have a great race - enjoy the accomplishment you've worked hard to achieve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It was an unforgettable experience!

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!