Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Easiest Cauliflower Rice

I cannot believe it is Wednesday already! Jump in the weekly link-up with one of my favorite bloggers, the gorgeous Liz @ Fitness Blondie! She is such an inspiration!

The Hump Day Blog Hop


Will buying a car ever get any easier? 
We have been looking for a new car for a while now and I had originally decided that it was time for a van. I mean, they have so much space and get decent gas mileage...right?! 
Well we found one that we liked and last weekend Matt and his dad went up to Kansas City to check it out. It ended up selling literally 20 minutes before they got there to look at it. We were all so annoyed. Luckily the dealership was less than a mile from Trader Joe so the trip wasn't a total waste. Mama needed some more coconut oil spray. And it really makes me laugh to picture Toby in a Trader Joe.

After that bust, since everything happens for a reason, I decided that a van was not the way we needed to go yet. So began my search for a crossover vehicle. Cue the white Chrysler Pacifica in my driveway. I am in love. Hello third row seating and ample leg room for everyone. Plus, she's beautiful.

I am on day 6 of clean eating and I have really noticed a difference in how I am feeling. I definitely have more energy. 
I have been experimenting with new recipes and I finally got the nerve to try my hand at cauliflower rice. If you have not made this yet, stop whatever you are doing and make it right now!
The Easiest Cauliflower Rice:
1 head cauliflower
1 TBSP coconut oil
4 cloves garlic
1 TBSP fresh cilantro, chopped
half a lime(optional)

Grate your cauliflower. I did it with a 4 sided grater and it turned out fantastic. I need to learn how to use my grate option for my Ninja though...
Heat coconut oil in a dutch oven(or any larger pot with lid)
Add garlic cloves and saute until just beginning to brown. Add cauli-rice and saute for 5-7 minutes. Toss in cilantro and cover for 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and a squeeze of lime if you're feeling sassy. 

We enjoyed this with clean turkey taco meat and a pile of fresh veggies to make "burrito bowls". It was amazing. 

Do you enjoy the car buying process?
What is your favorite clean recipe?

All My Love, 
Meg






10 comments:

  1. Buying a car is NOT fun. It stinks. Even when you are prepared, you know exactly what you want... The dealership always tries to dick you around on price. It's like, seriously, WE ALL KNOW what the base price is... and I don't want any of the fancy upgrades.. JUST SELL ME THE CAR AT THE RIGHT PRICE SO WE CAN MOVE ON AND GET THIS DONE.

    Also:
    Cauliflower is messy. I love it. I love using it in my clean recipes... But, CHEEZUS CRUST.. does it make a mess.

    I did clean calzones and they were totally tasty.. had to be my favorite one. I think I found it over at Broke and Bougie.

    :)

    Come check out my confessions and recipes for the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely grated the cauliflower into a bowl sitting in the sink. Cleanup was easy once I figured that out!
      The salesman we bought from was very nice and very low pressure. It was part of the reason we wanted to buy from him. So far I am loving the Pacifica!

      Delete
  2. Gah I'm dreading the day when I need to car shop for an SUV for my mini me's. Sooo I think I'm hooked on this clean eating diet you've got going on. I'm trying to find a way to cook better meals, cleaner meals, that'll help us feel better. AND it'll be healthy for when we start having babays. Do you have any tips? Tricks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a Ford Escape which I LOVE, but with two bigger kids now, we need more space for family trips and friends to ride with us!
      Girl, it has been a challenge, but I am so loving it! I stopped buying processed anything(or as minimally processed as possible) and I am trying to "eat the rainbow" with lots of colorful veggies at every meal. The hardest part is no sugar and no dairy! I caved and had ice cream last night and my tummy hurt so bad this morning. I will not make that mistake again!

      Delete
  3. ugghhh why is buying things so hard?? Hope yall find a good van soon though! I am pinning this rice to try when I have a stove back in action! Until then I'll be doing turkey meat in the crockpot (which you totally blew my mind that)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love!! We went with a Chrysler Pacifica, because I just wasn't ready for minivan status.
      Crockpot cooking is the best!! You can literally cook anything in one.

      Delete
  4. buying a car can be easy and hard. Easy if you know what you're looking for and hard if you dont know what you want. and then dealing with those car salesman's who are trying to make commission. I mean it's like "Dude give me time. When I'm ready to buy a car I'll come in and tell you. For now chill out."

    http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/05/hump-day-confessions_21.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were having trouble finding what we wanted within our price range, but I think we did a pretty good job!
      I cannot stand pushy salesman. It drives me nuts. I get that they want to make money, but sometimes they push too hard.

      Delete
  5. I do not have a Ninja or anything like that, but I never thought about grating it -- that is an AWESOME idea! I do not like cauliflower the normal way, but grating then cooking it, I could definitely eat. THANK YOU FOR THE IDEA!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome!! Thank you for inspiring me to plan out my meals and be more creative in the kitchen!

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!