Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Rainy Days and Wednesdays

Guess what day it is??!
The Hump Day Blog Hop
That's right!! Thanks Miss Liz @ Fitness Blondie for being so stinking awesome.

It has been raining since Monday morning. This severely limits our activity level.
The only exciting thing that I have managed to do, was to go up to the Snob Shop Exchange in town with two bags of clothes that I was just going to bring to Goodwill and I got 60$ store credit! 
You can bet your bottom dollar that I will be going through the rest of my too big clothes and taking them up there. 

So this weekend we picked up a piano. 
It is currently sitting in our garage until 1.the rain quits and 2. we get a piano dolly so we don't scratch up our floors moving it into our living room. 
It was free, so that was pretty awesome. It is a 1919 Weber piano...how funny is that?! It was fate.
I am pretty excited about it. I have always wanted to learn the piano and now, I am totally going to do it!
It even came with a few of these handy "teach yourself piano" books.

Tonight I am hanging out with my Grandma! I am pretty pumped that she feels well enough to go shopping with me, and also, that I will be getting new running shoes. 
I think my shoes are the culprit of this hip pain that I have had. 
I ran 2 miles this morning and I am hurting now. No bueno. I have a Half Marathon in less than 2 weeks! 
My shoes have seen about 500 miles, so it is time for new shoes regardless. 

Send some blogland love over to my fraaand Lindsay @ Broke and Bougie who is moving into her new house today! She and her fiance have done so much work to their new house and I cannot wait to see the finished product! I seriously need her to come do my house next. 

Do you play piano? Or any instrument?
Have you done any DIY lately?

All My Love, 
Meg


12 comments:

  1. Wait.. did you say FREE PIANO? LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And hanging with your grandma? Super cute!

    I have been trying to figure out how many miles I've put on my running shoes.. I got them in November (almost December) 2013... And I run about 12-15 miles a week... hmmm... It's got to be close to 350miles.. I need to start saving for new shoes. **SIGHS** but FUN, because I want funky new COLORS while I run!

    I play piano, clarinet, guitar..those are the instruments I play the best... But, there are others.. many others. I was a band geek. Not going to lie.

    We've been slowly DIY'ing our wedding.. and we moved into our house last May.. and do side projects here and there. It's rewarding.. but sometimes overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe that they were just giving it away! It needs some love, but we couldn't pass it up.
      I played flute for 8 years! Oh the marching band days..
      I love DIY projects, but I never seem to have enough time to work on them. If I can't get a big chunk done during naps, it's not worth it. Hope you have a great day!!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to get fitted for new shoes. I've never been formally fitted at a real running store so I'm waiting until I heal a little from my knee surgery then spending that money. Cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo!! Did you have your surgery already?! That is so exciting!(the healing part, not the surgery part) I hope you heal quickly!!

      Delete
  3. Gah! Learning to play the piano has been on my bucket list for forevs... I just need to find somebody that doesn't mind me banging on their piano keys while I'm learning lol! Go Lindsay go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned a little bit my Freshman year of college on my friends keyboard, but I haven't played since then. I am so excited! Now to just get it inside.... Haha! Have a great day love!

      Delete
  4. OOOO a Weber piano!!! How exciting and yes, it's fate! I used to play and hope to have a piano someday again! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We couldn't say no to a piano with our name on it! I can't wait to start learning!

      Delete
  5. HAPPY EARLY THURSDAY. Hope it's a good rest of the week for you. While I dont plan an instrument. I have done a DIY and it was just last week for my mom for mothers' day. I did mani pedi in a mason jar and she loved it.

    nightowlventing02.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a cute idea!! I love anything with Mason jars! Have a great day!!

      Delete
  6. Ahhhh thanks Meg!!!! Can't wait to post pix of the Meg's-comment-inspired-shoe-rack in my new closet! Also so jealous you have room for a piano- I've been trying to figure out how we can fit my parents' piano in our house because my dream is to have a big Christmas party where everyone sings along to Christmas carols and someone plays on the piano!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my dream too!! Impromptu Christmas Carols sung by my Griswold-esque family!
      I cannot wait to see pictures of your house!! I hope you are getting settled!

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!