Friday, May 16, 2014

Garlic Roasted Zucchini

I was on some sort of culinary roll yesterday. We were supposed to go to an Engineering BBQ at the park, but Matt ended up having to go out of town yesterday for work and he didn't get back until late yesterday, so I was in charge of dinner. Since I wasn't planning on cooking last night, I had to wing it a little.
Ham and egg cups are pretty much a staple 'round this house , but I had some zucchini that needed to be used. I am not a huge zucchini fan, but I ate my helping and then scraped bits off of the roasting pan because it was so good. 

Garlic Roasted Zucchini:
2 zucchini
4 garlic cloves
2 tsp coconut oil

Toss all ingredients together and lay out flat on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked pepper. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until zucchini is tender and golden. 

Today I didn't even care that it was 46 degrees, we went for a long walk and then made our way to the park for a picnic. We needed to get out of our house. Plus, I needed to take my new shoes out for a spin. 
I don't know what it is about my children and picnics, but they love them. 
It must be one of those things they were born with, like how they somehow instinctively know what chicken nuggets are from age 6 months and where you can find them. 

My internet is still wonky. I am currently typing this on my phone. This is what I see right now on my computer...
Also, none of my 8 channels are coming in either. I'm not sure what is effecting both my internet and my antennae, but I am trying to watch Law and Order and blog here!! My cat is not helping either.
She's not impressed with any of this.

I hope you all have a great Friday!! 

8 comments:

  1. Okay your "winging it" dinner is so much better than mine. Those ham cups look impressive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      It was all super easy and that is what I am all about!

      Delete
  2. Aww your kitty is so cute! That's so weird about your internet and cable being funky... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love!! It's still acting goofy. Hopeful they fix it soon!

      Delete
  3. Food looks so yummy! I would be pretty happy to help you guys eat all that! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! We totally had leftovers! Next time I'll send them out to you mama ;)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks fraaaandd!!!! Hope your Ikea trip was a huge success!!

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!