Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Birthday Weekend recap

I have had such a great Birthday weekend!! Saturday was my very first Half Marathon. I made it through and came up with 21 Thought From My Half Marathon. Saturday evening my Littles spent the night with my awesome parents. I sat my butt on the couch and pretty much didn't move.

Sunday after I picked up the Littles, we got to see my sis-in-law Emily and my sweet nieces K and H. We don't get to see them very often since we moved home, so that was really nice.

Post nap time on Sunday we headed out to Tipton for a family reunion with my Grandpa's siblings and their families. It was so nice to see my Great Aunt and Uncle! They had a really neat playground at the park in Tipton, so the Littles had a blast. There was a real train car on display! Mason was in love.

Sam had texted me Sunday afternoon and invited us to the river, so when we left the reunion, we headed home to grab our swimming gear and booked it down to the cabin.
My children love water. I am pretty sure they were actually born with gills.
We swam until the sun started to set and then the Littles jumped on the trampoline until their legs were jello. Mason and Lulu were the youngest kiddos, but they loved playing with their older cousins.
Auntie Nancy and Sam invited us to stay and eat with them, which was so nice. I cannot tell you how appreciative I am to them. Thank you Sam and Auntie Nancy for letting us crash Brad's Birthday dinner!

Yesterday we got a late start, but we headed up to St. Louis to take the Little's to the Zoo. They did surprisingly well in the car! We stopped for lunch when we got to the Lou{White Castle of course}.
Crashed out on the way up.

French fry smiles!

This kills me between her face and his cheeseburger!

After lunch{and an enormous amount of traffic} we made it to the Zoo! We immediately rode the train per Mason's request. We sat right in front of the conductor who made the announcements and he let Mason say "all aboard!" at each train station. He was so excited!
Train ride!!!

Family train selfie.
The rain appeared after our train ride, so that was an adventure. Luckily they have a few indoor exhibits, so we spent a good amount of time in the reptile and monkey houses.
Checking out the reptiles while it rained.

We ate Dippin Dots{why aren't these everywhere??} and called it a day.
I can't believe how good the Littles did in the car!

Today is my Birthday and I am officially closer to 30 than 20. My 25th year was the best year of my life. We moved home, I made my goal weight, I rekindled this blog, I have made so many friends, and I ran my first Half Marathon. I can only hope that 26 treats me so well!!

How was your weekend???

All My Love,
Meg

10 comments:

  1. Dippin Dots are Awesome. And I'm not sure why they aren't ALL OVER THE PLACE!

    I love how happy you all look! What an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! The banana split flavor is my fave!!
      Thank you!! We had such a fun time.

      Delete
  2. Yayyyy happy happy birthday! Somehow the littles get cuter in every single post??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fraaaand!!!
      Ellie's personality is really starting to come out and she is stinking hilarious! Her french fry face killllls me!

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday to the sweetest lady around :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!! OH I totally still love Dippin' Dots! You are doing so well and so much at this point in your life!! Here's to many more years of wonderful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love!
      Dippin Dots are the most underrated treat of all time!
      Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  5. Alright welp- just answered my question on your last post. Missed your bday, darn it! Happy belated!!! :) I LOVE seeing pictures of your little babes! They are just the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!