Thursday, May 15, 2014

Avocado Chicken Salad

I have been trying to type this Little Friday post all day, but my wireless has had other plans.

Last night my sweet grandma and I went to Dick's Sporting Goods. 
I died and went to running short Heaven. I love Nike running shorts and they had the cutest styles! When I regained my composure after perusing through the shorts, I got to business finding some new shoes. After a really long time browsing around I finally landed on the same pair of shoes that I currently own, just a prettier color, the Brooks Adrenaline GTS14.
I was all set to break them in this morning, but it was raining. Again. 

This past week has been pretty tough on my diet. It has rained every. single. day. Needless to say I have eaten way more than I care to admit this week. 
Today I snapped out of the "stuck inside spell" and made a plan to revamp my eating. 

I, Meg Weber, will be attempting a more Paleo diet. I have eaten nothing but carbs, and processed junk all week and I am feeling the effects of my poor choices. I am bloated, my skin has broken out and I have no energy and it totally sucks. I am over it. I have been checking out recipes and working on a menu all day and I am pretty excited about this challenge. 
I really need to go grocery shopping anyway.  

Today for lunch, it was pretty much a clean out the fridge free for all. It ended up being probably my favorite lunch of all time. 



Avocado Chicken Salad:
Makes 2 servings at 180 calories per serving.

1 can diced chicken, in water
1/2 an avocado
3 TBSP chopped onion
1/2 lime, juiced
2 tsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Mix ingredients and scarf down as fast as possible on tomato slices. 

I hope you all had a great Little Friday with the beautiful Ashley at The Grits Blog!!! I will be catching up with you all as fast as my spotty internet will allow.

The Grits Blog


6 comments:

  1. What exactly is Paleo? And you're a girl after my own heart since you like Hot pink stuff. Those shoes rock.

    nightowlventing02.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my Pinterest and Google research, I have found it to be based on a "caveman" style diet. No grains, no dairy, no processed food, no sugars. Lots of vegetables, lean meat and healthy fats. I am kind of excited to give it a try! I have read really great things about it.

      Delete
  2. I've heard the Paleo diet works wonders! You can do it girl! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just ready to feel better! I have felt so off for a while. I am ready to whip my butt into shape :) Happy Friday Doll!!

      Delete
  3. whyyy are we the same?? and what is with this week making it impossible to eat right? we got this starting now!!

    Also I need new running shoes and since we are apparently the same I should probably just buy those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, moving and vacation calories don't count!
      I have been so off this week. I ate ice cream, Doritos, burgers, an enormous amount of cheese and drank less water than I have in a month, and I don't even have a good reason. Hello bloatsville.
      My motivation kicked into high gear when I saw all the running shorts and became concerned that I would look like a grape in the purple pair.

      We are the same person and it's fabulous. I would feel bad for everyone if we ever got together.
      Brooks are my favorite running shoe so far. I run like I imagine Gumby would run, so I need as much support as I can get.

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!