Monday, April 7, 2014

the best kale chips

Have you ever woken up in the morning, walked into the bathroom, peed, and then proceed to gaze around for the toilet paper for a solid 5 minutes before you give up and holler for your toddler to tell you where on earth he put the toilet paper. He replies "I don't know mom, ughhh.." in his most teenagerly voice. So your husband gets up to help you find the lost toilet paper because you are stuck right where you are and he finally finds is stashed in the back of the new cupboard purchased for the upstairs hall? Well I have. It was a lovely way to start my Monday morning. 

The Littles and I joined Sheri and Lydia today at the YMCA for their cardio mix class and some fun play time for the Kiddos. The class was awesome! It kind of kicked my butt. I am so bad at fitting in exercise other than running, so this was fabulous. After we worked out, we went to Sheri and Lydia's and had a great lunch (thanks Sheri!) and the Littles played and had a great time. They both absolutely did not want to leave. I was not very popular on the ride home{which luckily was not very far since we're neighbors}. 

During nap I got some cleaning in, which was much needed since we were busy all weekend. I also got a little ambitious and made some kale chips for our snack. 
They turned out amazing! I used a few tricks that I had pinterested. 
Kale Chips: 
2 bunches kale, washed, dried and torn into chip sized pieces
1 tbsp olive oil
half of a lemon
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep your kale. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Toss kale with olive oil and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes. 

These were the best kale chips I have ever made! They turned out so crispy and delicious. Both Littles ate the heck out of them. 

Tomorrow I have 6 miles on the schedule. I am actually pretty excited about running, minus the fact that it's supposed to rain. I have everything crossed that it stays dry enough to squeeze a run in. 

What are your Tuesday plans??

All My Love, 
Meg

4 comments:

  1. I completely understand the no-toilet-paper-after-you've-peed problem. Happens to me ALL the time lol! Those kale chips look yummy! I think I'm going to brave it, buy kale, and try to make this. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally try them! My only tip is tearing the chips around the stem. I find the stems too chewy and earthy. I like mine in smaller pieces and super crispy. And don't skip the lemon juice! Let me know how they turn out!

      Delete
  2. Yaaaass girl you are reading my mind! I bought a bag of kale today because it was on sale and then was like...what am I supposed to do with all this? Looks like we're eating kale chips tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stahhhhp! Get outta my head! I really want to try a salt and vinegar version next, because those are my fave chips. Let me know how they turn out!

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!