Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Superhero capes and DIY drawstring bag.

I have been sew busy{ba dum ch}.
Mason's Third Birthday is tomorrow. I am in denial.
His Birthday party is Saturday and since he is obsessed with superheroes, I am sewing capes for all of the kiddos who will be here. At first it wasn't such a daunting task because there were only 4 kiddos coming, but now there are 9. I have been at my sewing machine around the clock for the last two days, but here are the final products!
The Birthday Boy's cape!

The girls' capes!

The bag I made for Addison, who is a little older than the other kiddos.
 I thought she'd appreciate something she could use more often than a cape. 

The pattern was super easy!! You can find it right here! I used braided yarn for the drawstring because that it all I had on hand. I really like how it turned out though. 

Sorry I have been so absent! I promise I will be back post-Birthday activities. 

All My Love, 
Meg



4 comments:

  1. WOW! That is an amazing idea! And so personal!!!

    I love it. You are a rock star!

    This sort of happened with my son's 7th birthday party... at first there was 6 kids coming, and I was okay with that.. and then... at the last minute 10 more RSVP'd... I was DYING. We went super old school and played "red light green light", had a pinata, let them dance to Kidz Bop... we made keychains with beads and lanyard.

    It was a blast!

    Way to be an awesome MOM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks doll! We aren't doing anything else crazy, just BBQing, so I wanted to have something super fun for the kiddos.
    Dancing to kidzbop sounds like a winner to me!
    Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome! You are so talented! My son's bday was the 22nd and we are also having a superhero party! My mother in law made capes for his friends! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I don't think you can go wrong with a superhero cape!!

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!