Thursday, April 10, 2014

Liebster Award {!!!!!}

So the kindest thing has happened and I am so excited to share it with you all! This little blog was nominated by the beautiful Kelly @ Southern Komfort Blog for a Liebster Award!! Thank you Kelly!!!



What is the Liebster Award? The Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the land of blogging. I am so honored to be nominated! 

The rules are easy. Share 11 facts about yourself. Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you. Then nominate 11 bloggers for the Liebster Award with 11 new questions for them to answer!  

Here goes nothing...
11 facts about little ole me:
  • I am the most awkward person on the planet. I get really anxious around people, so I end up being super quiet and people think that I am a jerk, or get really weird and people think I am drunk, or just a lunatic. 
  • I really, really like food. It is my happy place, which is not good for my waistline. Everyday is a struggle.
  • I am obsessed with 80's teen movies. 16 Candles, Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, St. Elmo's Fire, Teen Witch,Valley Girl. All faves of mine. I wanted to be Molly Ringwald.
  • I am pretty sure that I was born into the wrong era. I don't fit into this time and place.
  • I have two gorgeous Littles. Mason and Eleanor. Or Pickle and Buggy. We don't ever call them by their given names. 
  • I got married at the ripe old age of 20. It has been both a joy and a struggle and I would not trade one single minute. 
  • If I could pull off Christmas lights inside year round I would. In fact we have Christmas lights adorning our sun porch currently because our thousand year old track lighting crapped out. I am not too sad about it.
  • For me, being a stay at home mom is hard. I feel like I am screwing up my kids while simultaneously not being able to keep up with household chores and not getting dinner made every night. But we're all alive, so I call that a win. 
  • Moving home to Jefferson City from Springfield, was the best decision we have ever made. I have never been so glad to leave a place behind. 
  • I love cats. Like really love cats. If it weren't for my hunky hubby, I would be a total, unapologetic cat lady. He keeps me at a solid limit of two cats. 
  • When I like something, I REALLY like it. And when I don't like something, I REALLY don't like it. I have no grey area. I am stubborn. 

Now for my 11 questions from the lovely Kelly!!

  1. Because I love to hear about everybody's life songs, what made you want to become a blogger?  I decided to start my blog WAY back when I started to stay at home with my Littles. I made it through one post and then never came back. I was in a bad place, physically and emotionally. I made it a goal to get healthy{and I wish I would have stuck with blogging through that journey!!} and I came back to blogging at the beginning of this year. I wanted to share a piece of myself. I wanted to share my story, even if no one read it. I have been so blessed though that people have read my little ole blog and even more blessed to get to know some pretty fantastic ladies along the way! 
  2. Coffee or tea? Coffee. Always coffee. If I could walk around with a coffee IV drip, I would. 2 Splendas and 1 TBSP sugar free Sweet Italian Cream please? 
  3. Looking back 5 years ago, what would you have told yourself then to look forward to in the coming years? My two Littles and my 5 year anniversary vow renewal. Life will slow down and we will get to enjoy our time together. Also, some pretty great moments with friends :)
  4. Summer or winter? Summer, because float trips, camping and beer. Hahahaha!
  5. If you won the lottery, what would you do first? Pay off Matt's enormous student loans. Exciting right?? But then I'd remodel our kitchen. 
  6. Rain or shine? Sunshine all day! Vitamin D is good for the soul.
  7. What is your favorite, non-physical feature about yourself? I'm hilarious. I mean, something humble....
  8. Jennifer Lawrence or Sandra Bullock? Ohhhh, tough! Jlaw is my spirit animal, but have you seen Hope Floats?! 
  9. You're on a deserted island and you have a choice between the following items (you can only choose one), which would you pick: deoderant, tooth brush/tooth paste, or hair brush? Why? Deodorant. Because I have a sweating problem. No lie. It's so gross, just ask my white shirts.
  10. Channing Tatum or Channing Tatum?  :) 
  11. Lastly, what are your goals for yourself this year? My biggest goal is running my half marathon in May! I also want to continue to be a healthier, happier person :) 
Alrighty, now here are my nominees! I am so new that I only have a few, and most of them have been doing this waayyyyyyy longer than me and are not new, but are new to me :) Here are some of my favorite bloggy's to read!

3. I know Kelly already nominated her, but my girl Lindsay @ Broke and Bougie deserves a shout out :)

Now my questions for you beautiful ladies! 
1. Of course, I have to ask. What made you start your blog?
2. How did you choose your blog name? 
3. What is your most prized possession? 
4. What is one food you cannot live without? 
5. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
6. What is your favorite place that you have ever visited? 
7. Using 3 words, describe your personality. 
8. What are your biggest pet peeves?
9. What is your favorite childhood memory?
10. What is your favorite TV commercial and why?
11. What are your top 3 favorite songs?


Thank you all so much! You ladies are amazing and I am looking forward to "getting to know" you all so much more! 

Also, head over to the Little Friday Link Up with the fabulous Ashley @ The Grits Blog :)
The Grits Blog
All My Love,
Meg

10 comments:

  1. I love your answers to this girl! I can't think of a better blogger that deserves this award more than you. I love your blog and your honesty. Can't wait to see all of your future posts girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, thank you so much!! You are too kind lady! Beautiful inside and out :)

      Delete
  2. Ahh congrats and thank youuu!! I really love your answers about being a mom! Annnd can we have more wedding pix please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome!! Um, can I just say that I got married in 2008 which means pre-Pinterest. I need a do over!

      Delete
  3. Girl you absolutely deserved this! Not going to lie, my white tshirts would tell me to pack plenty of deoderant lol! And that Channing Tatum clip - gah I laughed lol!!

    I love your story and I'm so blessed to have met you. I can't wait to see where our exciting lives take us nexr! Have a happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so grateful you thought of me! I had so much fun answering your questions! Funny Channing Tatum is my fave :)
      Thank you again! I can't believe all of the wonderful people I have met through blogging, especially you, Ashley, Lindsay and Kristen. You ladies are fantastic! Have a great weekend Sweet Kelly!

      Delete
  4. Aww thank you so much for the nomination, sweet lady! :)) I feel so special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I love your blog!! I feel like we could destroy a small town if we were together ;) That is instant friendship right?! Hahaha!

      Delete
  5. Pickle and Buggy are fantastic nicknames! I want them! ;) I hope I come up with something awesome for our kids. I have the first one on the way and still have to think of a real/legal name for him! AH! Love the wedding photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, names are hard!! And I feel kind of bad that we worked so hard to choose their names and we don't use them, hahaha! We called Eleanor "love bug" and that turned into Buggy. I think Mason got Pickle from a Veggie Tales song.
      Thanks! We were just babies ourselves!

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!