Tuesday, April 8, 2014

DIY Ranch Seasoning

Today I'm linking up with one of my favorite ladies around, LindsayBroke and Bougie and Liz @Fitness Blondie 

The Hump Day Blog Hop 


If you want a real glimpse into my life, here it is..

Yep, that is my cat smashed into my face and I am indeed wearing a Woody hat.
This is a typical morning. 

My entire body feels like a giant noodle, wobbling around like some sort of wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man. I am sore. And I ran 6 miles today, which did not help. I am really glad to be back on track for my half marathon training though. Only 45 days!

Today for lunch, I got ambitious and made my own ranch seasoning mix and then made the best ranch dip that I have ever had.
Easy Peasy Ranch Seasoning:
6 TBSP dried minced onion
2 TBSP parsley flakes
2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dill weed

Shake together in a mason jar and enjoy. 2 TBSP = 1 Packet of Seasoning. 

So on to

The Best Ranch Dip:
1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1 cup 1% cottage cheese
2 TBSP Ranch Seasoning

Mix together and let sit in fridge for at least 30 minutes. 

I have had a serious love affair with cottage cheese lately. I eat it for breakfast with cantelope, lunch on my salads and dinner as a side. And post workout. And just for funsies. It is so good. Don't be scared of cottage cheese! It has a ton of protein and is low in fat. The cottage cheese in this dip gives it a great texture and a less tangy flavor so the ranch seasoning can really come through. 

What are some of your favorite snacks lately??

12 comments:

  1. Whaaat this looks so good and healthy!! yes!

    Hosting a bloghop today come link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady!! My favorite part is that both recipes took 45 seconds{alright like 3 minutes} a piece to throw together!

      Delete
  2. your typical morning... is just simply amazing. check out my weekly nutrition and training plan - my new favorite snack is half an apple with 2 tablespoons of pb2 and a few dark chocolate morsels... mm!!! thanks for linking up doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thank you! I love PB2. I will definitely be checking out your plans! I love the inspiration. Thanks for hosting!!

      Delete
  3. That picture made me giggle!!

    -Kristen | Kandid Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Girl! You never know what Mason will bring into my room in the morning. Sometimes it is a Woody hat, sometimes he brings in his entire train set and puts it in my bed. And my cat is always smashed up against my face and/or head. It is a #reallifehashtag

      Delete
  4. Your pic is so cute! Honestly, cottage cheese scares me. I may need to put on my big girl pants and try it again. I'll let ya know how that goes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly!
      Don't let it scare you! My favorite way to eat it lately is with cantaloupe and seasoned with salt and pepper. Sweet, salty, creamy and delicious. Also, they have these great cottage doubles by Breakstone's in the grocery store with different fruit purees. They are kind of beginners cottage cheese so you don't have to buy a whole container :)

      Delete
  5. This is a perfect day to me: make something homemade and yummy only to be enjoyed after running 6 miles! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady!! If only my laundry would have done itself, I would have been in Heaven ;)

      Delete
  6. Ok I can't stand cottage cheese or Greek yogurt. I'm proud of you for this attempt, but I'm not sure I could stomach it! ICK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaaat?? I pretty much live on cottage cheese and Greek yogurt, hahahaha!

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!