Saturday, April 26, 2014

Birthday Recap

I feel like next week I will be able to return to blogging normally.
We have been so busy this week and this weekend is packed full too. I am squeezing this post in since Mason decided to wake me up at 6AM.

Mason's Birthday was Thursday and we had such a fun day! When he woke up he found his Birthday balloons that we left in the hallway. He brought them into our room and he was so excited. When he finally decided which balloon he would claim as his and which he would share with Ellie, we came downstairs to give him his big boy bike.
He rode it until it started to rain and we had to come back inside. I bribed him with eggs and sausage for his Birthday breakfast.
After breakfast Grandma Lucy came by to say Happy Birthday, with more Birthday balloons.
He carried them through the house all day and they had to be in his room during nap. 


Matt took a half day at work and came home at 2 so when the Littles woke up from nap, we could take them up to Columbia to Going Bonkers, which is a ginormous indoor playground/jungle gym. I am not sure if the Littles or Matt and I had more fun.

After we were played out, we went to get pizza for supper. We chose the worst Pizza Hut in existence and we got our meal for free after waiting an hour and a half and ordering our pizza 3 times. The Littles did so well though, so we headed home to have Birthday cupcakes.

Look at those faces! 

Yesterday I cleaned the house in preparation for Mason's Birthday BBQ today. Thank God for my mom who came over to play with Mace and LuLu so I could clean without them under my feet. 
Also, a giant thank you for our new mudroom light and an even bigger thanks to my dad, who had to do a little{lot} of electrical work to install the light. It looks so nice! No more Christmas lights to see at night!
We had to buy a new switch plate cover, so there isn't one on the wall in this photo. 

Today is also our cousin Sheila's baby shower! She and her husband Chad are the nicest people in the whole world and I am so, so, so excited for them and their new baby boy. I did 11 sewing projects last week and one of them was this blanket for their precious Little on the way.
I love the way it turned out. I hope it gets a lot of use with their sweet baby boy. 

Tomorrow my mom and I are volunteering with Mission JC, so we will be out cleaning and beautifying the Agape house in town. I am excited to do some mission work. Church doesn't always have to be in a building. Although, tomorrow night, Matt and I are performing with the Praise Team at Sunday Night Live @ 5, so we will be attending normal Church as well. 
I am exhausted just typing this. 

Sorry for the long post! I promise to get back to normal soon!!
All My Love, 
Meg

7 comments:

  1. That blanket is AMAZING!! And the pix of the Littles eating just melted my heartttt they are so sososo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll!! I am so excited about how it turned out. I can't wait to make a few more.
      Cupcakes = pure joy. They were so funny.

      Delete
  2. I swear, those kids are more adorable than words! Glad he had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! He had a great day! He's already asking when his next Birthday is going to be.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful blanket! It is such a sweet & thoughtful gift that I'm sure will be cherished.

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!