Monday, April 21, 2014

Ant solution and Easter Weekend Recap.

I have ants. I don't have like 5 ants. I have an army of ants. I suppose that leaving the windows open all night while it rained was not the wisest choice. My dining room was taken over by ants this morning. No wonder my cats were running around like crazy last night. They were probably trying to warn us of the coming invasion. Luckily I had some Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap.
This stuff is magic, not only in the shower. I used a q-tip and lined the windows and floor boards with Dr. Bronner's and now I am just on border patrol for stragglers since the majority of the ants are gone already. Magic! 

We had a fantastic Easter weekend! Saturday morning we colored Easter eggs and I baked a couple of coffee cakes for Breakfast and Brunch on Sunday. The Littles had fun choosing their colors for their eggs. Saturday afternoon we went to my mom's to celebrate Easter. It was so nice to spend some time with my Aunt, Uncle, Cousin and of course my Grandparents and Parents. My Parents hid a ridiculous amount of eggs for the Littles to hunt. It was nice this year since they are big enough to participate and have fun. 
We also ate an enormous amount of fantastic food. My mom is a nurse, but she should be a caterer. 

The weather was fantastic all weekend, so yesterdays sunrise service was gorgeous. Mason asked me when we got to The Governor's Garden if that was our new church. I told him that we were just going to a special Easter Church, but he was really confused. The service was beautiful. 
After Church, we came back home to change out of our Church clothes and to check out our Easter surprises from the Easter Bunny{we had to drag them out of bed to go to Church}. 
After deciding which Easter surprises we needed to bring with us, we left for Matt's Grandparents house. When we got there, Mason insisted on feeding the chickens and finding some hungry fish. We convinced{bribed} him to come inside instead and see what was cooking. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...at least it is for my men. 
We enjoyed spending some time with the Weber clan. After breakfast we made our way to Mark and Lucy's for brunch. Mason and Ellie's cousin-friends were already there when we got there, so the Littles had a blast playing, blowing bubbles and throwing fallen Bradford Pear flowers and calling it snow. I drank mimosas. 
The Littles had an Easter hunt at Mark and Lucy's too. Ellie dominated the egg hunt. She found the most and Matt didn't even help her, aside from holding her bag. 


Yesterday afternoon, while the Littles were taking a much needed nap, Matt and I fiddled with the front landscaping. We leveled the dirt, transplanted some lillies, and planted some Hosta's that my Grandma gave us. She is the Hosta queen, so she had 7 splits for us to plant. 
Before. September 2013.


After. April 2014.

A side view. We hauled out 5 wheelbarrows full of dirt. 

When the Littles woke up, we cleaned up and went out to my mom's to celebrate my little brother's 21st Birthday. I can't believe that he is 21. How is that possible?! 

We had a really great weekend, full of Family, Church and love. I hope you all had a very blessed weekend! 

All My Love,
Meg






14 comments:

  1. Ummmm want to come do my landscaping at my new house? Your yard looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady!! I left out the photo of our gargantuan dirt pile to the left of the landscaping. Yard work is hard!

      Delete
  2. Gah your babies are so beyond precious!! I need some of the peppermint ant wonder-worker like ASAP lol! Happy Monday to you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweets!!
      That peppermint soap is magic I tell ya!
      Hope you had a great day!

      Delete
  3. Wow girl! Your front bed looks awesome!! And your babies are precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! I don't have an eye for landscape, so I just went with my best guess. I like how it turned out though!

      Delete
  4. Loving this ant solution and will have to keep it in mind! Found you via the Cheers not Jeers link up! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading!! It really is a handy ant trick for sure, especially if you have the soap on hand. Thanks again! Happy Wednesday!

      Delete
  5. We had a reallllllly long line of ants in our old house once. Wish I had known about this then! And look at you Mrs. Green Thumb!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady!! I am crossing everything that they don't die, hahaha!
      I use cayenne pepper where they are entering too. Ants are the worst!

      Delete
  6. LOVE church on Easter! You are so lucky to have little ones to play with on holidays like this! We did the money hunt with a bunch of adult kids! AHAAH! We need little ones in our family! SOON! That is an incredible ant trick! A roommate of mine in college showed me this "ant chalk" that she got from her mom (Chinese) and would draw lines to keep ants out. It was magical witchcraft! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holidays get way more fun when there are kiddos, for sure!! They are old enough to actually participate now too, so we had so much fun!
      I need to look into this magical chalk! It sounds amazing!

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!