Saturday, April 19, 2014

10 questions about running and other things.

So tonight, in all my awkward glory, I am going to participate in an unofficial questionnaire that the fantastic Katie @ Runs for Cookies posted! I read her blog every day and I love her posts about weight loss and running. I am still a fairly new runner, so my answers are not nearly as awesome as hers.

1. Who was your biggest role model as you first started running?

This is tough. When I first started running, I ran using Couch to 5K. I didn't have anyone close to me who would run with me, so I just went for it by myself and it has been the best decision I have ever made. I learned a lot just by having to figure it out. Now that I have some running buddies though, I would not go back.

2. What is your best running memory?

My best running memory is the moment that I completed 10 miles. I NEVER thought that I would be able to run even 3 miles, and the second I made it to 10 miles, I was elated. I did something that I didn't think I could do and it felt amazing!

3.The time you now spend running; what was it filled with before you started running?

It was probably spent baking cookies and then eating half of the pan... But for real, I spent a lot of time baking things. My hips appreciate my running habit now.

4. What is your favorite TV Show?

It is a 3 way tie between The Walking Dead, Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Supernatural. <-- anyone picking up a theme?

5. What is one habit you won't give up, even though you know it's not the healthiest?

Wine and beer and ice cream and cookies and mini cadbury eggs.. All things in moderation right?!?

6. If you could have lunch with someone famous, who would you pick?

Hands down Betty White. She is my hero.

7. What is your favorite season for running?

Fall. I live in the most beautiful old neighborhood and running in the Fall is pretty amazing.

8. Describe the one route you would be okay with running over and over for the rest of your life.

I could probably run the Katy Trail forever. It is gorgeous and goes through some great places....like by a winery.

9. If time and money were not an object, where would you go on vacation?

If I could do anything, I would road trip across the USA following Route 66 and stop at every ball of twine, abandoned building and road side diner I could find. 

10. What is your favorite past time, other than lacing up the running shoes?

I love music(making and listening to), sewing and reading. I don't have a lot of free time when I am not running, but when I do, you will find me doing one of those...if I'm not chasing my Littles all over creation. 


Thanks Katie for being awesome!

If you read this, play along, answer the questions and tag your post in the comments!!

All My Love, 
Meg

12 comments:

  1. I love reading things like this, when you can tell someone is passionate about something. I personally hate running. I wish I didn't, but I just can't enjoy it. I have no stamina and no patience to build it. I'd much rather spend time lifting weights than run anywhere. Although I should probably start doing a little more cardio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading!! I am totally opposite. I love to run, but seriously slack off on my cross training. I need to lift weights!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading your answers. I just got back from a trip to do races in Springfield, IL and St. Louis, MO and we traveled on Route 66. We found the giant catsup bottle! You can read my answers here: http://fiftymedals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I have lived near Route 66 my whole life and I have never driven it! It would be a fun trip for sure. Thanks again for reading!

      Delete
  3. I love this! Girl... Don't you know there are grapes in wine? And wheat in beer? And the required dairy amounts in ice cream, cookies, and cadberry eggs? They're on the healthy scale...

    I absolutely love Betty White!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a wise, wise lady. I am just hitting all of the food groups! Right now I am packing in the fruit and calcium ;)

      Delete
  4. Wine, beer, ice cream, cookies, and mini Cadbury eggs... that sounds like the perfect diet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's working for me so far this week ;) Holidays are so hard to navigate!

      Delete
  5. Fun Questionnaire!

    http://katerivonstealsnewlife.blogspot.com/2014/04/10-questions-about-running-and-other.html


    Oh, and I love the comment about Grapes in Wine and Wheat in Beer! Makes eating bad things so WORTH IT..

    You are awesome sauce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Holidays are my downfall. So much Family, food and booze!!

      Delete
  6. I love this! Are we really separated at birth though because this is CREEPY. Obviously we would have pretty much all the same answers and my problem with being unable to give up wine, beer, and mini cadbury eggs is that moderation does not exist with these products. I had a cadbury mini egg hangover yesterday...no joke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, it's weird right?? I have half a bag of them left, and tonight I will probably crush the rest. I just can't keep them around! I ate a salad for lunch though, so it's totally even steven....

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!