Saturday, March 15, 2014

Thrift Store Saturday #4{St. Louis Edition}

What a fun day! Mom and I left this morning around 7:30AM, jammed to 80's tunes, and got to St. Louis around 9:30AM. We stopped at the Goodwill in Chesterfield Valley first and it was awesome! I will totally drive 2 hours to go back to their location. They had a HUGE selection and way more reasonable prices than our Jeff City location. Mom didn't even get bored! I was shocked at the amount of great things I picked up.


American Eagle Boyfriend Jeans

Gap shorts

J.Crew dress

Banana Republic Trouser Jeans

BCBG blouse

I scored a perfect robin egg blue skirt, and an H&M dress, but I forgot to snap a separate picture of them. I found a swimsuit for Bugs, a cute top and a pair of spring-y shorts. I also found a spiderman swim suit for Pickle, and two pairs of Carter's shorts. 
My grand total for my Goodwill trip was $36.84. I had to ask the nice cashier twice for the total because I was expecting almost double the amount. Mom thrifted a pair of Miss Me jeans too. It was a super successful Thrift Store Saturday. I am ready to do it again. I love bargains. 

After our Goodwill stop we headed out to The Future Antiques, which is a really cool vintage store that specializes in 50's decor. It was also Pyrex Heaven. I walked in and immediately thought, "just take all of my money, this is amazing and I will have one of everything". Mom found some Salte and Peppy's and she also purchased a piece of pink Pyrex for me, because I am spoiled and she is awesome. I love Pyrex.... and my mom. 

Post Pyrex purchase we stopped in at Crate and Barrel. I almost picked up some awesome glassware, but I didn't. I just couldn't commit and now I am sad that I didn't just grab them. Oh well. There's always next time right?

We ate lunch at PF Changs{hello chicken lettuce wraps and spring rolls}. It was fantastic. I wish we had one closer to us!

While we were stuffed from lunch we stopped by the World Market and then Trader Joe's. I am pretty excited about everything I picked up. I hope it will pull me out of the "food funk" I am in and revamp my excitement about eating healthy since I have new things to try. Mom also ordered me a cookbook a while back and it came in the mail yesterday, so I am pretty excited to try some{all} of the recipes.  
So far I love everything I have seen. The recipes all seem simple and so good. 

Tomorrow is a long run day with my cousin-in-law Samantha and her friend Susan. I am pumped. I can't believe I have been running alone for a year. It's way better with friends! 

All My Love, 
Meg



4 comments:

  1. Nice Goodwill score~ those Gap shorts are super adorable! It makes me want to go out thrifting today. *^_^* Have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe all of the great stuff they had! Usually I can find a few things, but I packed my cart full. I love thrifting. Almost as much as I love coffee.. Hahaha.

      Delete
  2. Those shorts!! Awesome find! I need to hit up our Goodwill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super pumped to wear them! I just need it to consistently stay 70 degrees instead of snowing in between our warm days.

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!