Tuesday, March 18, 2014

This post is brought to you by Steroids.

What a crazy couple of days we have had.

Sunday it snowed. It was 70 degrees on Saturday, but Sunday the snow fell anyway. I was so annoyed. Lock it up Missouri.
Matt helped his dad haul chickens down to Westphalia, so I flew solo with the Littles to church. After church I went running with Samantha and her friend Susan. We ran the track at the YMCA. It was a blast! I'm so glad to have running buddies! Especially when the weather sucks and running on the treadmill sounds like a torture device.
When I got home from running, we headed to my parents house to hang out and eat corned beef and colcannon for St. Pat's. It was fantastic! My mom should start a catering business. She's an amazing cook!

Yesterday I spent the day cleaning. Why I even try to clean my house while my toddlers are here is a mystery to me. When Matt got home from work we picked up his dad and we headed up to Columbia to pick up a craigslist couch. Pickle made a friend while we were loading the couch. This little boy was 5 and P just stuck to him like glue. Pickle also rode his new friends big boy bike! I was so impressed. He's not even three yet, but he is so big! I guess he will be getting a bike for his Birthday.
He was distraught that we couldn't stay and that he probably wouldn't see his new friend again. I do have his parents numbers... How creepy would that be!!? "Hey, I bought your couch and our boys became best friends, want to make a play date?" I might do it anyway.
I love our new furniture. It is perfect for our tv/playroom.

Today we made a fun trip to urgent care. I don't know what I got into or what I ate, but I am having the worst allergic reaction to something. I have a rash all over myself. It's on my arms, legs, neck, stomach, feet, face, scalp and my gums. My gums! I am currently doped up on a steroid injection and benedryl. I look so pretty.
I put a little makeup on to cover some of the patches on my face. I didn't want to start a panic in urgent care. 
The only thing I did differently yesterday was eat some peanut butter Puffins cereal. I don't know what happened. All I know is that I itch and my ass is killing me where they gave me my steroid shot. 
Matt is also currently out of town until Thursday night. It will be an entire week of pajamas, benedryl, hydrocortisone and tv time for the Littles. Hey, at least we have a nice couch in our tv room now! 

All My Love, 
Meg

6 comments:

  1. nooo! Rashes AND snow this is the worst! I hope you get better! I cringed thinking of the time I had that rash and it was even. on. my. gums. guahhhaah

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the worst!! I am trying so hard to not itch my face off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, you poor thing! That is no fun at all! Hope you get to feeling better very soon!

    -Kristen | Kandid Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I scared about 15 people at the grocery store, so that sufficiently made my day better. Nothing says fun like a crazy lady covered in a rash, wrangling two small children through the grocery store and touching everything! :)

      Delete
  4. And you win for best blog title in a long time, by anyone. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently Bendryl makes me a comedian... I keep texting loved ones nothing but emojis too. Oh dear.

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!