Friday, March 7, 2014

roasted sweet potatoes and onions and reese's pieces.

Have you ever wondered what 51 pieces of Reese's Pieces look like? 

That's it folks. That tiny baby food bowl full, is 190 calories. Depressing. Even more depressing, is that I hand counted these 51 pieces. Oh calories, thou art a heartless bitch. 

We finally made it to the library! We desperately needed some new videos. I was really tired of Bear in the Big Blue House - It's Potty Time. We have successfully returned it and have moved on to Yo Gabba Gabba - Dance Dance Party. I'll take it. When we got to the library, we were the only people in the kids area for about 25 minutes and the Littles had free access to all of the toys and books. It was like a toddler Christmas. 
Pickle is playing with trains and Buggy is sitting by herself at the table playing with puzzles.
Eventually an abnormally large{for our small town library} group of people started gathering in the kids area. Apparently on the first Friday of every month there is a Story Group for kids 2 and under. It sounded like fun, so I forced Pickle to set down his trains and come with Bugs and I. You would have thought I was murdering him instead of encouraging him to participate in a group activity. Eventually he gave in and wouldn't you know it, he LOVED it. Both Littles did. There was singing and dancing and clapping and then bubble blowing to cap it off. We will definitely try to remember next month.

I ran during nap time. It wasn't terribly exciting. I listened to early 00's rap and ran about 3 miles. I almost forgot that Nelly is a fellow Missourian. I know right, how is that possible? He's from the Lou and he's proud. Me too Nelly, me too.  

Tonight we made a trip to Target to buy Pickle his new InnoTab games he earned for not having any accidents for 2 weeks. He got to pick one from us and one from great grandma. He chose Mickey and Bubble Guppies. He would not let them go. We also all bought new shoes. Buggy was so precious. I tried a few pairs on her and when I pulled out the pink, sparkly, bow laden pair she got so excited and just kept saying "shoes!" and holding her foot out like the tiny princess she is. Adorbs. 

Since today is Friday that means no meat. Tonight for supper I made grilled fish fillets with garlic butter sauce{it was just a prepackaged fish, but it was really tasty}, roasted onions and sweet potatoes and grilled asparagus. I am a firm believer that everything is better roasted. 

Easiest Sweet Potatoes and Onions:
Serves 4, at 80 calories per serving. 

2 small sweet potatoes
1 medium yellow onion

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut veggies into equal sizes. Toss together. Spray with cooking spray, stir again to coat. Bake for 40-50 minutes until fork tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. 

I still had a huge amount of calories left for today, which brings me back to Reese's Pieces. I hope your Friday night is just as wild as mine. 

All My Love, 
Meg







No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!