Friday, March 21, 2014

Protein "Frosty"

I forgot how much I love The Office. Michael Scott, you are freakin hilarious. "I wouldn't say I'm superstitious, but I am a little stitious." 
I truly believe that laughter is the best medicine. There is nothing better for your heart, soul and well being than a good dose of hilarity.

Today was so nice. Spring is official and I am so excited. We spent some time with my mom this afternoon in the sunshine playing at the park and feeding the geese. Pickle is big stuff and he can maneuver the big kid playground like a pro. He can climb all of the ladders and slide on the big slides all by himself. He's not even 3 yet! Buggy rocks at the toddler playground too. I have such brave, independent Littles. 

I didn't run today, but I did treat myself to an "after run special" of mine. {No judgement, it tastes like a Wendy's Frosty} 

Protein "Frosty"
1/2 frozen banana
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1/4-1/2 cup milk of your choice (almond, coconut, skim)

Throw all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Start with 1/4 cup milk and add more depending on your desired thickness. 

This is my favorite treat right now. Also, a banana freezing tip: peel bananas, cut them in half and lay them on wax paper covered baking sheets. Place in freezer for one hour. Throw all of your bananas into a freezer bag. They won't stick together! 

Happy Friday Loves!

All My Love, 
Meg


2 comments:

  1. Ooh this looks delish, going to try it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsay, it is my new favorite treat. It's like ice cream, but better because it doesn't make my pants too tight, hahaha! Take that oreos!

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!