Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Oatmeal Raisin Bread(bread machine recipe) and landscaping.

The birds are out in full force today and my cats are running through the house from window to window, trying in vain to pounce on their winged enemies. Every once in a while I will hear Luna jump at the glass door on the sun porch. Nymphadora has posted herself currently on the back of the sofa and meows in 30 second intervals. It's amusing, but a little sad that I can't let them outside to chase the birds. Nym is about to get her head stuck in the blinds though, and that would just be all around amusing. 

Today is cold. Yesterday was 76 degrees, today is 45 degrees. Spring is a big ole tease. Yesterday we spent all day outside. We went by Papa Toby's meat shop to say hello and pick up some things from Matt's auntie and then we headed to the park. It was gorgeous. We ate a picnic lunch and played until I could tell both kids needed a nap. 
While the kids slept, I brought the baby monitor outside and raked up the leaf stragglers that have refused to be blown out of our yard all Winter. I also dug up a few more clumps of pompous grass that plague our front "garden". Whoever landscaped this house just mounded up a bunch of dirt, threw some seeds in and called it a day. They also ignored it for the next 8 years. When we bought the house, you couldn't even see our front porch.

This is what is looked like after we cut it down (the first time)

This is what it looked like sans front pompous grass

And here is the weird mounded side yard in progress

If you can tell, there is a random shovel handle in there that we discovered after digging into the weirdness. I am ready for it to be real Spring so we can till up the mounded dirt and start planting things in some kind of order and not on a giant hill at the edge of our yard. 

After nap, we went back outside and played on our slide and blew some bubbles. When Matt got home we fired up the grill and BBQ'd some chicken for dinner. I love being outside. 

While Matt gave the Little's a bath, I started some bread in my new{to me} bread maker. My Grandma gave it to me last weekend and I have been in desperate need of some oatmeal raisin bread, so I decided to make some. 


Oatmeal Raisin Bread(bread machine recipe):
12 slices at 153 calories per slice.

1 cup water
2 Tbsp margarine or butter spread
1 1/2 cups oatmeal flour(I just put 2 cups of quick oats into my ninja and made my own)
1 1/2 cups AP flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 packet of yeast (or 2 1/2 tsp)
3/4 cup raisins

Layer ingredients as listed into your bread machine. Turn it on. Select normal setting, choose crust setting(I just did a medium crust) and hit start. Enjoy delicious, healthy bread. 

Wow, how have I lived without a bread machine? 
All My Love, 
Meg

2 comments:

  1. The house is so cute! I love the yard all around it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love this house. I like to imagine what it was like in the 30's.

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!