Thursday, March 20, 2014

Cats: The Sad, Poison Truth.

So I have decided that I have some kind of poison plant affliction. {Poison ivy, oak, sumac..} The only possible thing I can conclude is that on two of our walks last week I met a cat {that I obviously pet, both times} and here I sit now covered in blistery, itchy, grossness. And Matt has it too on his chest, exactly where I rest my head and hand at night. Sorry Love! I will now always scrub every part of myself after petting cute cats that approach me from the underbrush along the Missouri River. Weird lesson learned universe, you can stop the itching now.

Moving on! I literally have done nothing for the past two days. I don't care if people think I have some kind of leprosy, I will be leaving the house today...and trying not to scratch too much in public.. The Littles are so stir crazy{who am I kidding, so am I!}. Since today is the first day of Spring, we are going to enjoy it! I don't know what exactly we are doing, but you can bet it will not involve strange cats. Tonight we are going to Grandma Lucy and Papa Mark's house to BBQ, so that will be a lot of fun.

I am so ready for Matt to come home. He has only been gone since Tuesday morning and I am counting every minute until he comes home. He doesn't have to leave town very often, but it sure makes me adore the hell out of all of my military family friends who have to spend years apart. You guys are all effing amazing! 

I am also going to run today. I am dreading it, but I haven't moved my lazy butt since Monday, so poison skin or not, it is on. Maybe I can sweat some out?! Wishful thinking right? I have got to work off the ice cream I have eaten.. 

The Grits Blog
Sorry for all the random on this Little Friday Link Up!
Tell me something random to even it out a little ;) 

All My Love, 
Meg

8 comments:

  1. Oh man the itchies are a bummer! Proud of you for getting out there for a run and getting the family outside anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina! We can't possibly stay inside for a minute longer! :)

      Delete
  2. Ok randomness about cats- my mom's cat (her name is BRUCE, i know) was diagnosed with herpes but she stays medicated so her herpes isn't contagious. She scratched my neighbor whose wife was convinced he was going to get herpes from this scratch and made him go to the ER (for a scratch that didn't even draw blood), the ER was forced to file a report with Animal Control...so when Animal Control showed up at my parents' house and my mom explained the herpes the Animal control guy just sat down and drank a beer with her because he felt like his life was such a joke at that point.

    SO I hope your rash finally gets better! Wouldn't it be amazing if it was caused by ice cream or oreos ? I would love that. Physically unable to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is hilarious!! People can be so crazy! I love that the cat's name is Bruce. That is fantastic.
      I am praying that I am allergic to all junk food. That would just be so handy!

      Delete
  3. Whoa!! Those itchies suck!! Well lesson learned right LOL - I hope you guys are feeling better by now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! I will definitely be more selective of the neighborhood cats that I pet for sure, hahahaha. We are finally back to normal!

      Delete
  4. Hope the itchies are feeling better! Enjoy the weekend with your family (and no strange cats) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! I am feeling so much better now! I have made a solemn vow to not pet strange cats, no matter how much my inner cat lady is telling me to pet them :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!