Thursday, March 6, 2014

95 Calorie Chocolate muffins and so many thanks!

It has been a crazy couple of days. My Grandma had her second round of chemo today and she is doing well so far. I am so, so, so thankful. I am also so thankful for all of the kind words and prayers you have sent me. Your kindness is so appreciated and comforting. 

My Littles must absolutely know that I have given up yelling for Lent, because they have been pushing every button they possibly can. Two days in a row they emptied every drawer in Buggy's room and today they also took every book off of Pickle's book shelf. Not to mention the running through the house and yelling like banshees.
I attribute some of their silliness to their trip to the mall with Grandma Lucy and Papa Mark before church yesterday. They each got their own bag of jelly beans and then they got to play at the mall playground. They had such a good time! Pickle has talked all day about his fun trip to the mall and riding in papa's truck. 

After a day of fasting yesterday I was really excited for breakfast this morning. I even dreamed about eating!I planned on making eggs in ham cups. I pulled out the container of sliced ham this morning and there were three pieces in it...womp womp womp. I made the kids eggs in ham cups and I had a scrambled egg for myself. I was so bummed! 

Since I have been stressed to the max, my sweet cravings have hit an all time high. So I made myself a treat.
I am about to share with you my favorite recipe of all time. I found this recipe at Dashing Dish and it is so brilliant that I am sharing it with you! Triple chocolate chip muffins with 95 calories per muffin. 95 calories!! If you don't make any other recipes I give you, I beg you to make these heavenly creatures. 

Triple Chocolate Chip Muffins
 Makes 12 muffins at 95 calories per muffin


Ingredients:
1-3/4 cup old fashioned oats
3 egg whites
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar (or 1-1/2 tablespoons vinegar)
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup hot water
1 cup sugar substitute (like granulated Splenda)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used 1/3 cup mini chips because that is all I had)
Directions: 
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray (cupcake liners tend to stick). Set aside.
-In a blender (or food processor, I used my Ninja), mix all dry ingredients and pulse a few times to grind the oats and incorporate all of the dry ingredients. 
-Add egg whites, yogurt, applesauce, vanilla, and hot water. 
-Blend until well mixed and the oats are finely ground.
-Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (set the rest aside). Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pan.
-Place muffins tins in the oven for 10 minutes.  After 10 minutes, remove muffins from the oven (but don’t shut oven off), and distribute the other half (1/4 cup) of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
-Place the muffins back into the oven and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
.

I have an oven that burns like the fiery pits of hell, so these only take about 8 minutes total for me, at a 325 degree setting. These are like VitaTop muffins but better! TRY THEM{yes, all caps. I am not messing around.}

All My Love, 
Meg


4 comments:

  1. I just need to buy some old fashioned oats and I am making these babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have them, quick oats work too. I apologize now if you end up eating 3 straight out of the pan.

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious- pinning it now so I don't forget to make it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!