Sunday, March 9, 2014

7 mile run{I did it!}

This is the face of a very unimpressed kitty. 
This is also the face of a kitty who is making typing extremely difficult. 

Matt and I had so much fun at the comedy show last night! It was hilarious! I ate way too much fried chicken and drank a little too much beer. Couple that with "springing forward" and my 5:45 alarm was rough. I got up anyway and forced down a banana and a giant glass of water and got ready to meet Samantha at the Katy Trail for a 7 mile run. With the time change it was still dark when I pulled into the parking lot, but it lightened up pretty quick. I was super nervous. I usually run by myself, and I have never run more than 5 miles{in a row}. We got started and it was awesome! I had such a good time! It was nice to talk and focus on something other than how much longer I had to go.Running isn't exactly a super fun sport, but it was a whole lot better with good company. I ran 7 miles. I can't believe I just typed that sentence{and not sarcastically}. Every single time I run, I just want to call up my old gym teachers and blow raspberries at them{mature right?}. I never thought I would be able to call myself a runner. In fact sometimes I still feel like I'm not good enough to call myself a runner. That is so far from the truth. Being a runner isn't about how fast you can go, how far you can go, how many races you have entered or won. Running is about getting up, putting on your shoes and just going for it. I am not the best runner, but I am a runner. It's pretty effing cool. After we ran our miles, we stopped by Panera for some much needed coffee and to warm up a little. I had a really good time{thanks Samantha for the invite!}. I can't wait to do it again.

All My Love, 
Meg


5 comments:

  1. So impressed! I can hardly make myself run a warmup after too much beer/food/in the dark. So true about what running is all about too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to lie, my mantra was "don't puke, don't puke". Next time I will not be so crazy the night before!

      Delete
  2. Hi Meg! New to your blog and am so jealous of your running. I can't wait to pop this baby out and hit the pavement again! Great job on the 7 miles.... that's something probably 99% of America can't do so you should feel honored! :) Anyway, the hubs and I are from Kansas originally so yeah for finding another midwest blogger. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah!! Thank you so much for reading! Matt and I went to Benedictine College in Kansas our first year of college, so I will always feel a little attachment to Kansas. Fist bumps for midwesterners!! {I hope fist bumps are still a thing.}

      Delete
  3. Good for you!! Congrats on 7 miles!

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!