Sunday, March 30, 2014

10 mile run {on purpose!}

Have you ever had that moment when you're in the shower and you've brought your coffee cup with you and you are just in shower heaven? So you go to shampoo your hair. While you're lathering you realize that you have recently cut 9 inches off of your hair and the amount of shampoo you used to use, that was fit to shampoo a small army of cocker spaniels, is no longer necessary and it takes you 10 minutes to rinse the insane amount of shampoo you used out of your now chin length hair. Just me? Excellent.

This morning Sam, Susan, Katie and I dominated 10 miles! And by dominated I mean survived. But it was awesome!

It was my longest distance that I have ran so far. I am pretty stinking proud. If you read this post, it talks a little bit about my weight loss so far, but this is a little different kind of pride.
I am pretty sure if you would have told my 18 year old self that I would EVER run 10 miles in a row, on purpose, I would have laughed at you. Or punched you...I used to be a little scrappy. In fact, in 8th grade I walked the Presidential Fitness mile to "stick it to the man" that no one could make me run. I thought I was punk rock. Turns out I am, but more so because I just ran 10 FREAKIN MILES! I know that there are a lot of ladies out there who can run faster, farther and harder than me, but today, I am so proud of my running accomplishments. I am also getting really excited about the half-marathon in May! I will be running my first half-marathon 3 days before my 26th birthday. Happy Birthday to me! Who would have thought that me, the flute playing, marching band member, choir singing, cookie dough eating, former 220 pound lady, would ever be excited about purposefully running 13.1 miles, in a row.

All My Love,
Meg

9 comments:

  1. Ahhh awesome!!! Congrats on the big run !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lindsay!! It was pretty awesome(ly hard). Hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. 10 miles is HUGE, Meg!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly!! About mile 8 I needed a snack and could only think about waffles for the last two miles. How's that for a mantra? "Waffles when you finish, waffles when you finish."

      Delete
  3. 10 miles?! Holy cow that's awesome- Way to go girl!! Now come kick my lazy butt in gear and get me running 10 miles lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Running with my girls is the BEST motivation! I can be there in a few hours if you want to run together ;)

      Delete
  4. Congratz!! I dream of 1 day getting to 10 miles. Right now I'm working on 3. lol You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I never thought I would get this far! Whether we run 1 or 26.2, we are kicking butt!

      Delete
  5. Great job. I hope to get to that point one day. I guess you have to walk before you can run right.

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!