Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Skinny Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins and laundry.

The sheer amount of laundry you accrue while potty training is astronomical. There should have been a clause in the contract you sign when you get pregnant. "I, Meg, hereby swear to do my best in raising well rounded, polite, decent human beings, and not be surprised by the shockingly huge amount of laundry they produce during potty training." Except there is no parenting contract.
Pickle really is doing a fantastic job potty training. Yesterday we even went to the Library and grocery store with no accidents! He was really resistant for a long time, but I think he finally decided he was ready. Remind me to send a gigantic thank you letter to Sesame Street for the Elmo Potty Time video. Every time P succeeds he says "Just like Elmo mama!" {Cue melting mom puddle}

Since yesterday was B-E-A-Utiful, we went outside. OUTSIDE people! The Littles really wanted to go to the park, but everything was a melty, soupy, muddy mess. We got out their wagon and went for a long stroll around the neighborhood. We live a couple of blocks away from the house my family lived in when I was small, so we always walk by to be nosy. They are doing a bunch of work on it and I really want to ask to go inside, but that is super creepy. I think they are working towards selling, so maybe they'll have an open house and I can drag my mom with me to check it out. 

In honor of our fantastic weather I wanted to make a treat for the Littles snack. I decided on Skinny Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins. These are super easy, delicious and you can even eat them for breakfast!{They are really good warm with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a Gala apple on the side}

Skinny Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
12 Servings - 135 calories per muffin

1 box sugar free Devil's Food cake mix
1 can of natural pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)

Mix two ingredients. Don't add any liquid, just keep stirring and I promise it will come together. The batter will be thick. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray(I used coconut oil). Fill each muffin tin 3/4 of the way with batter. Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!