Wednesday, February 12, 2014

imperfect soul

                                                                This morning it hit me.

I swear, I get angry, sometimes I am lazy. I hold grudges, I don't trust easily and I expect very little out of the majority of the population. I don't tell everyone I meet that I am a Christian. I don't always make the right
choices. I am awkward and anxious. I am selfish. I am irritable. I am imperfect in every way. But I believe in God, I believe in Jesus Christ and I believe in His Grace. I recognize my faults and I work on them daily. Through His Grace, I am whole and perfect, despite what anyone else believes. I don't have to pretend to be someone I am not for the benefit of the world. I do the best I can. I deal with each hand I am dealt with Faith and Hope. I am not better than anyone else and I don't want to be better than anyone else. People have an idea of "good Christians" and I am absolutely not one of them, but that doesn't mean I am not a Christian. It just means I recognize that I am an imperfect soul. Thank God for Grace. 

All My Love, 
Meg

1 comment:

  1. Well said...this is very true of a lot of us. We just put one foot in front of the other and try to be the best person we can be. We are not perfect but we are Christians!!

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!