Saturday, February 1, 2014

I just felt like running.

Well thanks to the lovely weather we're having, our Acts and Snacks family event has been postponed. So instead of practicing our song, I ran three miles on the treadmill. Sounds like a fun trade huh? Actually running on the treadmill has gotten much easier, so I really can't complain. Matt and I are running a Valentine's Day sweethearts 5k and I am really hoping for a new PR. I am also starting my training for the Go Girl half marathon in May. I am super anxious about the half marathon. I never was a runner, ever. I hated running. I mostly hated it because I couldn't do it correctly. I didn't know how to pace myself or breathe in a way that didn't make my lungs feel like they would catch fire and come shooting out of my mouth as I gasped for air. I also didn't care to learn how to run. That's how it stayed for a long time. Last January we were blessed with freakishly nice weather and I decided that I needed to incorporate some exercise into my new healthy lifestyle, so I started taking long walks during the day with the Littles in their double stroller. In March, I decided that I was ready to step up my exercising and downloaded the Couch to 5k app. I hated every minute of the short 25 minute walk/run. I gasped for air and couldn't handle just one minute of running consistently. But I stuck with the damn thing and eventually I was able to run for 2,3,4 and even 5 WHOLE minutes. Now I can run for 6 miles and not even think twice about the distance. My long, drawn out point is dont give up on yourself. Ever. Don't let anyone make you feel less than you are worth. You are beautiful, smart, capable and worthy. Even if others can't see your beauty. Let it shine. 
                            All My Love
                                    Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!