Thursday, February 27, 2014

hangry is a real thing and healthy tacos.

So, remember that little performance for church that I told you about forever ago? Well it was postponed due to snow{shocking right?} and has been rescheduled for April 5th. Matt and I are back to practicing and I am pretty excited about the event. We have more time to practice, so I am less nervous this time around. 

Today was busy! I watched two of my friends daughters and the Littles had a blast today playing. While they played in Pickle's room, I organized and cleaned Buggy's room. I moved some of her furniture and put things away that had just been stacked up, all the while keeping one eye peeking into P's room to make sure everyone was behaving. Luckily, they were all pretty much angels. 
I also got some laundry put away, my dresser organized, kids fed and lunch cleaned up by 12PM. Not too shabby! I was feeling ambitious after I got the Littles down for their naps, so I hopped on the treadmill and ended up running another 4 miles. I watched some {classic} '90's and early '00's music videos while I ran, so that was pretty fantastic. Who doesn't run better while listening to Shaggy? AmIright? 

I had a snack after my run, but by the time Matt got home this evening, I was hangry. If you don't know what hangry is, it is when you are so hungry that you are annoyed or angry, thus hangry. Poor Matt didn't stand a chance this evening. I had dinner ready and waiting by 5:15PM and he didn't make it home until 5:50PM. The beast was unleashed and until I ate my tacos, I was annoyed by everything.
Turkey Tacos with lettuce shells. 

 Luckily, dinner was fantastic and after I had eaten I was back to my normal {awesome} self. 

This is the easiest, most deliciously healthy taco I have ever met. It's also easy peasy. It's just lean ground turkey, taco seasoning, tomatoes, red onion, 1Tbsp shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese, and romaine lettuce leaves. I also made a "sauce" that was equal parts plain Greek yogurt and salsa. Delish. The Littles ate it up too. I made theirs in bowls with finely chopped lettuce. 

Now I have a few episodes of Supernatural calling my name. 

All My Love, 
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!