Tuesday, February 11, 2014

DIY Valentine's Day gift.

Valentine's Day is Friday already people! I can't get over how fast time goes these days. I am working on a project for Matt. I hope he likes what I am making, because he is impossible to give gifts too. Have I ever told you how apathetic he is? {I love you with my whole heart darling, but your lack of enthusiasm and emotion makes my brain explode occasionally}.
 He did seem to like last years gift though. I made a "date jar" with craft sticks, scrapbook paper and mod podge. I made a list of 30 dates with varying degrees of "difficulty" I suppose. One set were dates that we could do at home with the Littles, or after they went to bed, like a Chopped Challenge. The second set were dates that would require us to leave the house, but were minimal expenses like getting ice cream and feeding the ducks at the park. The third set took a little more planning and were more costly, like dinner and a movie or picking a piece of thrift store furniture to restore together. The sticks were grouped by scrapbook paper design and I made a handy "cheat sheet" and tied it around a mason jar. It gave us a lot of different options and it was fun to see which date night idea we'd get.
I also made these fantastic skinny meatballs with whole wheat spaghetti for dinner and this amazing skinny Strawberries Romanoff for dessert. I'm behind this year and don't even have dinner planned yet. This year we even have babysitters, but we are running a 5k at 9AM the next morning{the real reason , so we can't get too crazy. 

I am also working on my first embroidery project and I have to say, I really like how it is turning out so far. I will be posting a tutorial and LOTS of pictures once I get it finished. If I can do it, you can do it. 

Also, today is my Dad's Birthday! Happy Birthday Dad! 
                                           All My Love, 
                                                 Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!