Monday, November 19, 2012

...And we're off!

I did it. I actually did it. I quit my job... and I am not looking back. I sit here on this Monday afternoon playing with my son and watching my daughter sleep(FINALLY!) so peacefully and I wonder what on earth took me so long. That seems so silly because there are obvious reasons I had not become a stay at home mom sooner, like my dearest husband Matt getting through school while I brought home the bacon. When he graduated and began his new job this past June, I liked having two incomes! I had been the sole provider the last year of Matt's undergrad program and it was not easy, but we made it work. Now here we are 6 months later and HE is the sole provider and we have found ourselves again making this work. Sometimes I think I must be nuts. I know this isn't going to be easy, but my goodness it is going to be worth it.  I have already seen improvements in my stubborn first born Pickle's behavior and I love spending all of these precious first moments with both him and our newest precious addition Ms. Buggy, who has just celebrated her 2 month milestone. It will be a journey. Every day will be a new adventure. There will be days when my son learns three new words and colors me a beautiful picture while I bake my husband a scrumptious dessert to enjoy after the equally delectible meal I have prepared, all while my infant coos lovingly from her bouncer. Of course there will also be days when my toddler decides to pull every book from his book shelf and try to flush them down the toliet, chase the cats causing them to flee and knock every breakable I have on the end table off while I am nursing the baby every 20 minutes and she is still absolutely inconsolable and I don't manage to get either one out of pajamas. This is the life that we have been blessed to be able to choose for our family. This is our new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay and chat with me! I LOVE hearing from you!